The Redesigned Sunset - thoughts?

Thukreebun

Jun 7, 2019
I've recently seen that YSL has revamped the medium Sunset into a satchel style, removing the stiff partitions but there appears to be virtually no reviews of the new bags!
I was just wondering peoples thoughts re the new bag (especially in comparison to the older style)

*I have my eye on the new Natural Tan but am wondering if the equally as gorgeous old style black croc would be better
new sunset 2.jpg

The new sunsets
new sunset 2.jpgnew sunset 3.jpgNew sunset.jpg

The Net a porter showing the natural tan a bit more clearly (unable to attach pics)

The original croc sunset
sunset 4.jpg

Last edited:
I've recently seen that YSL has revamped the medium Sunset into a satchel style, removing the stiff partitions but there appears to be virtually no reviews of the new bags!
I was just wondering peoples thoughts re the new bag (especially in comparison to the older style)

*I have my eye on the new Natural Tan but am wondering if the equally as gorgeous old style black croc would be better

The new sunsets
Natural Tan in a more accurate colour

Better to put the pics on here and credit them then send people to the site

Reactions: Thukreebun

View attachment 4910632

The new sunsets
View attachment 4910632View attachment 4910633View attachment 4910631

The Net a porter showing the natural tan a bit more clearly (unable to attach pics)

The original croc sunset
View attachment 4910634
Hi, at first I didn’t really think much of the bag, but when I saw it in person I really liked it. It’s a cross between the sunset wallet on chain, sunset bag and the college bag. If you enjoy carrying your bag top handle you’ll like this and it would look cute carried top handle for a more elegant look. The chain strap reminds me of the YSL college bag and I like that it’s detachable. The colour you like is really pretty and classy. The bag is timeless.

Last edited:
Reactions: averagejoe
I’m now torn between whether to get the classic medium sunset or the new top handle style. The medium top handle style looks really good in these photos.

Attachments

• D5DF2D7B-5AD9-466B-9BCB-BAFDCE7B6172.jpeg
    D5DF2D7B-5AD9-466B-9BCB-BAFDCE7B6172.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 1358C91D-851D-4AB0-9AAB-2E3E8A1EA808.jpeg
    1358C91D-851D-4AB0-9AAB-2E3E8A1EA808.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 5CF95EBA-4979-491E-B586-D85CA9F6AED6.jpeg
    5CF95EBA-4979-491E-B586-D85CA9F6AED6.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 36
I’ve never liked the old style but I like the new style! I’m a sucker for adjustable straps! I would definitely need to see it in person and try it on!
Yep it has about 5 holes in the leather strap to adjust it. The bag is also slightly wider than the medium classic sunset. It also does not have heaps of dividers in the inside like the classic sunset.

Reactions: ByCara
I just got the Sunset medium classic in green crocodile and absolutely love it. Yes the divider in the bag is a little inconvenient but honestly this is not an all day bag. You would carry this to dinner, a night out or possibly an event. I wish the Sunset classic was a little larger, however, I chose not to get the new sunset which comes in a slightly larger size because I think it looks more informal and less elegant. Perhaps the new style would work better as an all day bag though.

Reactions: HavPlenty
I love it! I have a sunset and it's such a stunning bag, probably my all-time favorite. This new design is gorgeous as well. Love the look of the top handle, although I'd never carry it without the long chain strap. Can't wait to see what color/hardware combos they come out with.

Reactions: Miss World
I love it! I have a sunset and it's such a stunning bag, probably my all-time favorite. This new design is gorgeous as well. Love the look of the top handle, although I'd never carry it without the long chain strap. Can't wait to see what color/hardware combos they come out with.
I just got the classic YSL Sunset in black with gold hardware today, i am so happy to hear that your Sunset bag is one of your all time favourite bags. What color is your bag? And yes i agree, the new style is very cool.