The Real Housewives of Melbourne

Don't you ladies think Lydia look like Leighton Meester?

Anyways, I rewatched the first episode and noticed Gina was already seated before Lydia entered. So, to say Gina is always late is just some kind of BS to stir the pot.

Anyways, I rewatched the first episode and noticed Gina was already seated before Lydia entered. So, to say Gina is always late is just some kind of BS to stir the pot.

Off topic but what I noticed about that first epidode is that in that scene where they meet for coffee,Lydia is walking up to the restaurant carrying a LV blue vernis Brea but when she enters the restaurant she is carrying a tan leather purse

Off topic but what I noticed about that first epidode is that in that scene where they meet for coffee,Lydia is walking up to the restaurant carrying a LV blue vernis Brea but when she enters the restaurant she is carrying a tan leather purse

Wahhhhhh? I didn't see that, lol, let me rewatch that scene.

ETA: you're right, but everything else on her looked the same? Wonder if she changed her purse after stepping in.

Last edited:
Wahhhhhh? I didn't see that, lol, let me rewatch that scene.

ETA: you're right, but everything else on her looked the same? Wonder if she changed her purse after stepping in.

Either she changed purses or they filmed her walking into the restaurant at a diff time?
I've heard of them re-filming scenes of both NY & OC and doing multiple takes

I thought it was funny that they call said Gina was trying to stir things up by telling Lydia what Janet had said about her being brainless. Um, isn't that what Janet did by telling L & A what Gina said in the bathroom, isn't that what Lydia did by telling Jackie what Gina said about her psychic reading, isn't that what Andrea did when she called all the ladies to complain how Gina dirtied her bathroom . They must be so embarrassed by their bad behaviour now watching this show back ( not Gina or Chyka )

Wahhhhhh? I didn't see that, lol, let me rewatch that
scene.

Thank goodness we have lots of eyes watching, there would be lots, I'd miss, must go and rewatch to see the purse switch.

Yes, going on and on about being late is so a non-issue. Just like on Atlanta Housewives, Nene all upset when the girls are late when she also is late.
I bet they are all late at some time.
And the same with the gossip as you say slang, they all do it and some with mean, calculating purpose.
I think L&A are too shallow to be embarrassed. Andrea lives in her own little perfect world, it doesn't seem to matter what people say to her, she doesn't listen. And Lydia is brainless as Janet said. What about when she was acting like she was a pilot when they went on the helicopter, and when she was flying with her husband, he told her to keep her fingers off things and stop being so distracted when they were in the cockpit of his plane. She's such a poser!

Gina must put that make-up on with a trowel - but it looks so good on her - she's so exotic looking - I love her over the top look. She must cause quite a stir in the courtroom, even is she has to wear that silly white wig. I bet she's noticed anywhere she goes.

Chyka is quite exotic looking as well. She has quite an interesting dress style. Are they Australian designers she wears? She's also always well turned out, used to being in the public eye.

So Lydia and Andrea got the producers to edited the last few and next episode to take out some of the mean stuff they said about Gina once they realised what a massive backlash there was against them. What we've seen of what they have said is disgusting, I can't begin to imagine all the disgusting things they've said that have been edited out. How on earth tdid they think viewers would like that?

I wonder if this has affected Andrea and her husbands business/s

^They edited some scenes? They should be ashamed of themselves.

Lydia mentioned in the beginning that Gina and her have been friends for 8 years. With friends like Janet and Gina who needs enemies?

its quite interesting that even tho we often hear "the housewives are so not representative of our city! People don't really behave like that in my city".....the fact is that if you really think about it they actually are.

I mean look at the atlanta housewives, the kind of hood mannerisms and way of getting into and resolving conflict is in fact representative of a significant portion of the city's locals.

And the vancouver housewives, a city i spent 5 years in, where alot of people esp from the downtown yaletown west van area are pretentious with their wealth and real estate holdings and what not......plus the city is filled with gold diggers, christina and youlia anyone? lol

now lets not even get started with the miami and new jersey ones...lol

And even the melbourne housewives, the city where im from, if you watch carefully and understand Australian culture and the economy, its actually frighteningly accurate. Australia is a rich country due to its natural resources but the percentage of wealthy amongst the population is no where near comparable to that of the US or Canada. (partly because of the way the wealth is redistributed) This is ONE OF the reasons why the culture is alot more unrefined which is why you see the poor person's mentality that Andrea, Lydia and Jackie display where they feel the need to brag about their wealth. You notice how you do not see this coming sort of behavior from the Beverly Hills housewives? Because of refined cultural influences,they know better than to make direct mention of their finances.

Last edited:
So Lydia and Andrea got the producers to edited the last few and next episode to take out some of the mean stuff they said about Gina once they realised what a massive backlash there was against them. What we've seen of what they have said is disgusting, I can't begin to imagine all the disgusting things they've said that have been edited out. How on earth tdid they think viewers would like that?

I wonder if this has affected Andrea and her husbands business/s

I read the producers had to tone down and edit some of L & A remarks about Gina as there was a lot of backlash about their behaviour bullying Gina

How interesting, that their plan backfired on them. It must kill them (L&A) that Gina is more popular and people like her, just the way she is.

I had originally missed episode 4 (ski trip) and have just watched it. This was before the blow-out with all the ladies.
Andrea just couldn't stop talking about Gina and was making lots of really unkind comments about her - and this is went they are still on friendly terms. She was really trying to stir the pot, and get Jackie worked up over her. I was surprised to see Lydia almost look embarrassed - only almost, she was laughing right along with Andrea.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Andrea's behavior could be affecting her business - if she is so rude about Gina, other women might wonder what she'd be saying behind their backs.

And I couldn't image who would want to hire Lydia to design their home. She spends most of her time bragging about how rich she is - or I guess it's how rich her husband is!

I doubt the producers would ever leave out anything juicy, nasty or *****y simply because cast members ask them to. Legal threats are another thing. The stories of Gina's partner (yes they are back on again) and his family have been around for years, she just didn't want it aired on national tv and one can't blame her.

These producers prod, manipulate and crack open the champagne to get this behaviour on film so they are not about to edit it out.
Not liking the way it's going, yet to see what the up side is for any of these women being on this show.

I doubt the producers would ever leave out anything juicy, nasty or *****y simply because cast members ask them to. Legal threats are another thing. The stories of Gina's partner (yes they are back on again) and his family have been around for years, she just didn't want it aired on national tv and one can't blame her.

These producers prod, manipulate and crack open the champagne to get this behaviour on film so they are not about to edit it out.
Not liking the way it's going, yet to see what the up side is for any of these women being on this show.

What's the story about Gina's partner and his family? Who's he?

Please please please give us some juicy details! Lol :biggrin:

^They edited some scenes? They should be ashamed of themselves.

Lydia mentioned in the beginning that Gina and her have been friends for 8 years. With friends like Janet and Gina who needs enemies?

Yep, they edited the last few episodes once the backlash against Lydia and Andrea started. You'll also notice they've quietend down on social media and heavily moderate the comments now.

its quite interesting that even tho we often hear "the housewives are so not representative of our city! People don't really behave like that in my city".....the fact is that if you really think about it they actually are.

I mean look at the atlanta housewives, the kind of hood mannerisms and way of getting into and resolving conflict is in fact representative of a significant portion of the city's locals.

And the vancouver housewives, a city i spent 5 years in, where alot of people esp from the downtown yaletown west van area are pretentious with their wealth and real estate holdings and what not......plus the city is filled with gold diggers, christina and youlia anyone? lol

now lets not even get started with the miami and new jersey ones...lol

And even the melbourne housewives, the city where im from, if you watch carefully and understand Australian culture and the economy, its actually frighteningly accurate. Australia is a rich country due to its natural resources but the percentage of wealthy amongst the population is no where near comparable to that of the US or Canada. (partly because of the way the wealth is redistributed) This is ONE OF the reasons why the culture is alot more unrefined which is why you see the poor person's mentality that Andrea, Lydia and Jackie display where they feel the need to brag about their wealth. You notice how you do not see this coming sort of behavior from the Beverly Hills housewives? Because of refined cultural influences,they know better than to make direct mention of their finances.

I think that Lydia married into money and wasn't raised with wealth and thats why she is so crass and feels the need to let everyone know how wealthy she is. I think that Andrea is a snob and feels that having money makes her better than other people. I wouldn't say this is representative of Melbourne at all. None of the wealthy people I know (new and old money) behave like this.

Thanks for posting this! Very interesting read. Makes me have a lot more respect for Gina.