The Random Picture Thread

The story goes that the man who brought the bones out to do this work was blind. Makes it that much more amazing.
Wow! The complexity of the design in the first pic just blows me away! That man had true talent. Was there any reason given as to why he built the church? I imagine it must have something to do with lives lost during senseless war...

I was there in 2012 & have forgotten much of what I read or heard so I googled it.
Soil from Golgotha, where Jesus was crucified, was sprinkled there. Many people wanted to be buried there. I did remember many of the dead were victims of the Black Plague. The tombs were so full, something needed to be done but you don't exactly throw human remains away like trash, so it seems this was the outcome.
Some people here in the part of the US where I live find this sickening. But I find it beautiful.

Reactions: chowlover2
I was there in 2012 & have forgotten much of what I read or heard so I googled it.
Soil from Golgotha, where Jesus was crucified, was sprinkled there. Many people wanted to be buried there. I did remember many of the dead were victims of the Black Plague. The tombs were so full, something needed to be done but you don't exactly throw human remains away like trash, so it seems this was the outcome.
Some people here in the part of the US where I live find this sickening. But I find it beautiful.
I think it's beautiful too.