The Rainbow Bridge.

Today we said goodbye to this little guy who has been with us for 17 years. He was a stray that we adopted and was originally named Lucky, but we ended up calling him Swiper. He had a sharp decline over these last 2 days, and it would have been cruel to have let him suffer any longer. So this afternoon he left us. We're just devastated, we can hardly believe he is no longer with us. I know we did the right thing today, but the pain is so great. This pic was taken yesterday.
My condolences to all the other pet owners here who are also grieving at this time.View attachment 5367379
I’m so sorry for your loss.

Today we said goodbye to this little guy who has been with us for 17 years. He was a stray that we adopted and was originally named Lucky, but we ended up calling him Swiper. He had a sharp decline over these last 2 days, and it would have been cruel to have let him suffer any longer. So this afternoon he left us. We're just devastated, we can hardly believe he is no longer with us. I know we did the right thing today, but the pain is so great. This pic was taken yesterday.
My condolences to all the other pet owners here who are also grieving at this time.View attachment 5367379
so sorry for your loss. this is so difficult even when you know it's the right thing. One of the sweetest cats I ever had came to us as a stray. I think strays and shelter cats appreciate their homes.

Reactions: jeanstohandbags
so sorry for your loss. this is so difficult even when you know it's the right thing. One of the sweetest cats I ever had came to us as a stray. I think strays and shelter cats appreciate their homes.
Thank you so much for your message :hugs:And yes, I do think you are right that the stray & shelter cats are so happy to finally find love & security when they know a time when they didn't have it xx

So just after recently losing my cat, I lost my beautiful boy to bone cancer on April 28th. He was 10 & a half. Thought I'd have him at least 'til he was 12, 13 or 14. Can hardly believe he's gone. The sadness is intense & the tears just keep on coming. He was such a bright light in my world. I miss him so much.
View attachment 5399242
So sorry for your loss. RIP sweet doggie

So just after recently losing my cat, I lost my beautiful boy to bone cancer on April 28th. He was 10 & a half. Thought I'd have him at least 'til he was 12, 13 or 14. Can hardly believe he's gone. The sadness is intense & the tears just keep on coming. He was such a bright light in my world. I miss him so much.
View attachment 5399242
I am so sorry for your loss.
Your post/words broke my heart - I feel your pain.:heart:

Reactions: sdkitty
View attachment 5399242
I’m so sorry. RIP sweet boy.

View attachment 5399242
Hope you are feeling better :heart:

View attachment 5399242
I’m so sorry for your loss. He looks like such a sweetheart and those ears