The Rainbow Bridge.

It’s been a little over a month since our boy passed away. He was 15. Wow, it was rough losing him. I still miss him terribly but at least my heart doesn’t hurt as much as the first few days.

Every night, the hubby and I watch videos of him being cute and barking (harassing us) for treats. Hard to believe we only had him for 1.5 years… it was not nearly enough time together :heart:

View attachment 5295452
What a handsome pug boy! He lived a great life with you for sure.

• Love
Reactions: bisousx
My Sweet Turbo passed to the Rainbow Bridge last Wednesday and today is the first day I haven't awoken in tears. He was the sweetest, hammiest, just best boy ever. He was 14 1/2 and my DH and I thought we had the Keith Richards of dogs, he literally outlasted all our other friends pets. But unfortunately all good things must come to an end. He had a horrific stroke on Tues and we made the decision to end any further suffering he might have. He went peacefully while eating peanut butter with me holding a paw and his dad's hand on his rump. Turbo, you were a king amongst dogs and your dad and I love you so much. Thank you for being our sweet sweet son. (He wasn't deceased here, this was the last nap he had on our bed.) View attachment 5293431
Rest in peace, Turbo. And play like crazy with my little Nini in the clouds! :heart:

• Love
Reactions: bisousx
Our sweet brussels griffon Dixie crossed to Rainbow Bridge yesterday after 12 years. She collapsed during a walk with her lifelong pugalier pal Rocky after a day of what we thought was just a small stomach irritation. I rushed her to the pet hospital on foot 4 blocks away but it was too late.

My heart is torn in two. I know we gave her an amazing life and yet I feel responsible because I was alone on the walk with her. If hubs had been there maybe he would’ve picked up on something sooner. Could I have done something, stopped us earlier, taken a break, or was her time up anyway? She had seemed so healthy up until 48 hours ago. And I dwell on all the times I was impatient with her or scolded her, wishing I used that to tell her how much I still adored her.

Sending love to all of you who have ever lost a furry friend. No words can describe - only someone who’s felt that pure unconditional friendship can understand.

Attachments

• 6EAB8E7D-33C7-4A4F-A421-D324084E5786.jpeg
    6EAB8E7D-33C7-4A4F-A421-D324084E5786.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 11
  • 08E01D5D-9A03-4082-B649-8DE44FF7B1BA.jpeg
    08E01D5D-9A03-4082-B649-8DE44FF7B1BA.jpeg
    318.3 KB · Views: 11
Our sweet brussels griffon Dixie crossed to Rainbow Bridge yesterday after 12 years. She collapsed during a walk with her lifelong pugalier pal Rocky after a day of what we thought was just a small stomach irritation. I rushed her to the pet hospital on foot 4 blocks away but it was too late.

My heart is torn in two. I know we gave her an amazing life and yet I feel responsible because I was alone on the walk with her. If hubs had been there maybe he would’ve picked up on something sooner. Could I have done something, stopped us earlier, taken a break, or was her time up anyway? She had seemed so healthy up until 48 hours ago. And I dwell on all the times I was impatient with her or scolded her, wishing I used that to tell her how much I still adored her.

Sending love to all of you who have ever lost a furry friend. No words can describe - only someone who’s felt that pure unconditional friendship can understand.
I’m so sorry for your loss. She knew she was adored. Please don’t be hard on yourself.

we always feel we could have done more for our pets....she had a good life and went quick without significant suffering. Sorry for your loss

I’m very, very sorry for your loss. In my experience it is normal to blame yourself and replay/rethink those last moments for a few painful days. There’s no way you could’ve known. :heart: You gave your pup a beautiful life and she was lucky to be loved by you.

I’m very, very sorry for your loss. In my experience it is normal to blame yourself and replay/rethink those last moments for a few painful days. There’s no way you could’ve known. :heart: You gave your pup a beautiful life and she was lucky to be loved by you.
Thank you. Just printing out the many pictures of all our happy loving adventures so that the last few minutes don’t cloud all the good years. I appreciate your words and @sdkitty @Stephanieg218 too.

So sorry for your loss. Dixie seemed like a wonderful pup. I'm sure she knew how much she was loved!

Reactions: azzazza

Rest in peace, Buster. He is in a better place now and is no longer suffering. I miss him.
I am so sorry for your losses!

I love/hate this thread. It's comforting to come to, but makes me tear up reading all the babies that have gone over the bridge. Hugs to everyone who has lost a fur baby. It's devastating but comforting to know you're not alone. :hugs::hbeat: