The Rainbow Bridge.

One of our 2 cats, Beefus Maximus, a.k.a BeefyView attachment 5135704View attachment 5135705View attachment 5135706View attachment 5135707View attachment 5135708View attachment 5135709View attachment 5135710View attachment 5135711View attachment 5135712View attachment 5135713 (he belonged to my SO when I first met him) died due to kidney failure and I didn't expect me to be so heart-broken. My eyes are swollen from crying the whole day since he died this morning. I've never had a pet before until I met this gentle soul. He's a big cat but was always friendly to everyone. He loved to hangout with us on the couch especially when our friends came to visit. All our friends and neighbors loved him too. He always cleaned Mimi (our ginger) when he cleaned him self. He never scratched, never bit and never threw tantrum. I miss him so badly. He used to greet me when I came home and it's a strange feeling not to see him anymore when I open the door. Bye my Munchkin. Until we see each other again.

such a sweet and beautiful cat. You will see him again one day. In the meantime, cherish your memories and remember how fortunate people like us are to have our lives been touched by the unconditional love of a sweet animal whose life we were able to share with them.

My sweet Madison crossed the rainbow bridge today. She was in remission since July after 6 months of chemo, but her lymphoma came roaring back in the last few weeks.
View attachment 5272896
I am so sorry for your loss of your wonderful girl. She looks like she was an absolute doll and probably worshiped you to pieces (they tend to do that!).

My wonderful Nini left me in September and I still cry and try to move past it and am doing so. I could not post here about her, it was way too hard. But I adopted a rescue, a totally different pup than I have ever had (an Italian greyhound mix I named Sally). I feel so good that I gave a home to a dog that needed one and I feel Sally is Nini's gift to me. You will get better day by day, though it is so hard. :heart:

I am so sorry for your loss of your wonderful girl. She looks like she was an absolute doll and probably worshiped you to pieces (they tend to do that!).

My wonderful Nini left me in September and I still cry and try to move past it and am doing so. I could not post here about her, it was way too hard. But I adopted a rescue, a totally different pup than I have ever had (an Italian greyhound mix I named Sally). I feel so good that I gave a home to a dog that needed one and I feel Sally is Nini's gift to me. You will get better day by day, though it is so hard. :heart:
Thank you! I’m so sorry for your loss. My sweet Madison had been a rescue from a hoarding situation so her first few years were rough. I’m glad I was able to change her life. I’m very pro-rescue so it warms my heart that you adopted a fur baby. I’m lucky enough to have 3 other rescue babies that have helped me immensely.

Reactions: purseinsanity
Thank you! I’m so sorry for your loss. My sweet Madison had been a rescue from a hoarding situation so her first few years were rough. I’m glad I was able to change her life. I’m very pro-rescue so it warms my heart that you adopted a fur baby. I’m lucky enough to have 3 other rescue babies that have helped me immensely.
I adopted Nina (Nini) and her mom Ramona after seeing Nini on a petfinder site. I went to meet her and the foster lady said her mom was in another town not far away, they had both come from a kill shelter in Kentucky and had been separated here so they would have a better chance at adoption. If I met and liked the "mom" I could adopt her too for a reduced price. So of course I drove a little more and got Ramona and they were as thick as thieves for the 8 years they lived with me. I also have a non-rescue pug who is ok with everyone, she is a good girl. And "mom" Ramona is still with us--old and toothless but happy. Rescues are great--you never know what they will be like until they're with you for a few months and have settled in.

My Sweet Turbo passed to the Rainbow Bridge last Wednesday and today is the first day I haven't awoken in tears. He was the sweetest, hammiest, just best boy ever. He was 14 1/2 and my DH and I thought we had the Keith Richards of dogs, he literally outlasted all our other friends pets. But unfortunately all good things must come to an end. He had a horrific stroke on Tues and we made the decision to end any further suffering he might have. He went peacefully while eating peanut butter with me holding a paw and his dad's hand on his rump. Turbo, you were a king amongst dogs and your dad and I love you so much. Thank you for being our sweet sweet son. (He wasn't deceased here, this was the last nap he had on our bed.) turbo.JPG

My Sweet Turbo passed to the Rainbow Bridge last Wednesday and today is the first day I haven't awoken in tears. He was the sweetest, hammiest, just best boy ever. He was 14 1/2 and my DH and I thought we had the Keith Richards of dogs, he literally outlasted all our other friends pets. But unfortunately all good things must come to an end. He had a horrific stroke on Tues and we made the decision to end any further suffering he might have. He went peacefully while eating peanut butter with me holding a paw and his dad's hand on his rump. Turbo, you were a king amongst dogs and your dad and I love you so much. Thank you for being our sweet sweet son. (He wasn't deceased here, this was the last nap he had on our bed.) View attachment 5293431
so sorry for your loss....RIP sweet doggie

My Sweet Turbo passed to the Rainbow Bridge last Wednesday and today is the first day I haven't awoken in tears. He was the sweetest, hammiest, just best boy ever. He was 14 1/2 and my DH and I thought we had the Keith Richards of dogs, he literally outlasted all our other friends pets. But unfortunately all good things must come to an end. He had a horrific stroke on Tues and we made the decision to end any further suffering he might have. He went peacefully while eating peanut butter with me holding a paw and his dad's hand on his rump. Turbo, you were a king amongst dogs and your dad and I love you so much. Thank you for being our sweet sweet son. (He wasn't deceased here, this was the last nap he had on our bed.) View attachment 5293431
What a handsome boy! I’m so sorry for your loss.

Reactions: lil_peanut
It’s been a little over a month since our boy passed away. He was 15. Wow, it was rough losing him. I still miss him terribly but at least my heart doesn’t hurt as much as the first few days.

Every night, the hubby and I watch videos of him being cute and barking (harassing us) for treats. Hard to believe we only had him for 1.5 years… it was not nearly enough time together :heart:

683A3C78-8B38-41C2-A0BB-C22AC7C9B201.jpeg

Last edited:
So sorry for your loss. Turbo sounded like he was an amazing pup. :heart:

It’s been a little over a month since our boy passed away. He was 15. Wow, it was rough losing him. I still miss him terribly but at least my heart doesn’t hurt as much as the first few days.

Every night, the hubby and I watch videos of him being cute and barking (harassing us) for treats. Hard to believe we only had him for 1.5 years… it was not nearly enough time together :heart:

View attachment 5295452
So sorry for your loss. They make such a big impact in our lives, regardless of how long they were with us. :heart:

View attachment 5295452
bless you for adopting him when he was a senior
RIP little doggie