The Rachel Zoe Project

I'm sure Taylor is annoyed because she feels she does quite a bit of work more than Brad but wants to branch out and learn more things within the business. But I like Brad's attitude better than Taylor. I thought the first episode this season was really great! And I loved how they went to the jewelry stores to pick out pieces that would go well with each client's dress. A stylist has to really know their client really well too in terms of their style and whether they can pull off a certain look. But if you think about it many runway looks are altered to be sold to clients off the runway since many just aren't too practical to wear the way they are shown on the runway.

taylor mentioned she wants to stop styling and work on developing the rachel zoe brand, so maybe rachel will be able to transition her into a more business focused role throughout the season and then brad can be the new taylor only with a better attitude

Well I wonder since Rachel is launching her accessories line in a couple weeks if perhaps she didn't include Taylor in the process as she was promised and that's why Taylor is so bitter? That would make sense to me because since Rachel is only just launching accessories now perhaps there wasn't much Taylor could be involved in yet on that end and she's pissed she's still styling. How can she be pissed though when she gets to work with all these great celebs and designers? I'd happily take her place!

me too. that's why i think her moaning and bitter attitude is bs. she has a fantastic job, and not only is she being paid by rachel, but by bravo for being on the show too. she needs to shut it.

I'm sure working with celebrities is horrible but just to say you have is fun. I get annoyed watching the RZP episodes where they're dealing with a Kate (Beckinsale) I believe and her team gives them less than 24 hours notice that she needs like 10 different outfits for a press tour in another country and then when one of her "people" is on the phone with Rachel fussing about scheduling for the Oscars and then the bag and shoe options. It may have been 2 different Kates though b/c I think I saw a rack behind Brad in the press tour episode that said Kate Hudson. Anyway I understand it's probably annoying but if she hates it then quit!

...if she hates it then quit!

maybe she will. It took me years to quit my job. Its not always so cut and dry. I was in the music business and was in it because I love music. The creative part was wonderful and the reason I stayed for so long. After 15 years, enough was enough. I'm sure this Taylor person most likely loves what she does, the fashion and such (I believe I heard her say while she loves the ART of fashion she despises the mainstreaming of it which is how I felt about the music business) and is putting up with it as much as she can until she finds a better situation. The girls gotta eat afterall and I'm sure she is making good money. You don't just leave a lucrative job cause you hate what you are doing. You have to be practical and have something else lined up. Especially in the entertainment business. You don't want to burn bridges.

YES!

That's why I can only stand it once a week. :biggrin:

But I love love love it when it's on.

lol that's such a cute statement!

But yes, when the show is on... i become :girlwhack: :yahoo:(the clothes, the shoes, the bags, the traveling, the screaming/yelling/crying)...i LOVE IT lol.

However, Taylor needs to realize how FORTUNATE she is to be working with a renown stylist. Also, Brad is annoying but I feel like they need someone like him to bring up the mood a little bit.

^^^I think everyone needs to remember that editing plays a big part in this show to make it more interesting. I'm sure the producers see how stressed Taylor is (Rachel obviously finds her invaluable) and is playing up that angle to show her in the worst light possible. I'll bet there are miles of unflattering footage of Rachel being the boss from hell on the cutting room floor. These shows are so edited to dramatize everything and keep people watching. Otherwise you would just see people working their asses off trying to get things done in the day to day grind. These shows are nothing without creating some drama.

I love this show! ... the jewelry was amazing -- Eva and Anne just stunning. I think Brad is adorable and would be fun to hang out with. Love Rachel's over the top style! Taylor is a character (did we decide if her jacket was Chanel?) I think Rachel would be hard to work for myself and it seems like Taylor holds everything together. I'm sure 10 years from now she'll have her own styling business.

i'm sure taylor isn't as horrible as editing is making her out to be, but regardless, she is bratty even if the industry is demanding and despite having a good reason to be since she's not advancing in a way that's to her liking. i can't see myself in a situation where i could talk to my boss the way she does and still be employed. she still has a job that's better than 95% of the jobs out there. furthermore, she's getting to work in her chosen field for a well respected, highly tolerant stylist. many people who want to get to that point never will. most of us are stuck with the jobs we can get or jobs we know will bring in the money in an industry we might not be in love with. being that's she's getting compensated by two different companies, i assume she's fairly well paid too.

i get that she may be dissatisfied with the position within the context of her life and her life only, but i still find it difficult to sympathize because she still gives the producers so much material in which to be edited in such an abrasive and sullen manner no less. i don't think that aspect of her personality is entirely exaggerated.

Last edited:
^^^the way you view her and the show is exactly what they are going for. I take it all with a grain of salt because while you see the way she talks to her boss, you have no idea how her boss talks to her cause I am sure that is edited out. Rachel didn't get to the level she is by being sweet and cuddly. Theres plenty of questionable behavior to go around, that is the nature of entertainment. Its not like other industries - it is much more laid back as far as how you communicate with each other.
I'm just being the devils advocate for this Taylor person. People get frustrated with their jobs and if someone was following me around with a camera all day there are all sorts of comments from me they could take out of context and paint me to be an ungrateful person. They know what they are doing.

^^^the way you view her and the show is exactly what they are going for. I take it all with a grain of salt because while you see the way she talks to her boss, you have no idea how her boss talks to her cause I am sure that is edited out. Rachel didn't get to the level she is by being sweet and cuddly. Theres plenty of questionable behavior to go around, that is the nature of entertainment. Its not like other industries - it is much more laid back as far as how you communicate with each other.
I'm just being the devils advocate for this Taylor person. People get frustrated with their jobs and if someone was following me around with a camera all day there are all sorts of comments from me they could take out of context and paint me to be an ungrateful person. They know what they are doing.

i understand where you're coming from, but it's really not that serious. i don't hate her. i don't have anything against her personally. i don't take bravo's portrayal of her as gospel of who she really is. however, she's still a "character" on a show, so i comment as such. i can't talk about the things you mention because that's not what i see. it's very much the same way i discuss the real housewives ladies.

believe me, i take all reality shows with a HUGE grain of salt, but i still want to talk about the events on the show, and i wouldn't be able to make much of a statement about anything if i had to qualify every single comment or observation i made with a disclaimer that i realize everything is being (overly)dramatized. i figured that was a given. you have to give me and the other ladies here some more credit here; that we don't think this is 100% accurately portraying their lives.

it's admirable you're defending her, but taylor isn't a victim here. she knew what role she was playing when she saw the first season, and she still agreed to be taped for a second one.

... you have to give me and the other ladies here some more credit here; that we don't think this is 100% accurately portraying their lives.

thanks for saying that cause honestly I thought you guys did! Thats good to know.
This is why I don't visit the celeb forums or comment in them much. Too much bashing of people by people who don't know them. And the ones who deserve bashing have such great publicists, that people think they are wonderful sweet people! :lol: Its all such an illusion. Very fake.
Carry on. I've said all I wanted to say. I do want to see the first season now though out of curiosity...and for the fabulous clothes!:graucho:

Last edited:
i don't know that you can have an actual reality show that accurately represents everyone involved in so long as editing (i.e. someone else's slant on your day-to-day actions) is involved and still have people want to watch it. the majority of people's lives are filled with pretty boring moments that would be pretty tedious to watch: taylor buying groceries. brad going to the bathroom. rodger scratching his balls. rachel staring into space contemplating her next shopping excusion. :lol:

plus with a camera in your face, can anyone even truly act normally? i feel people engage in a bit of self editing and become caricatures of themselves, which is probably what taylor is doing. people do love a villain. they're usually the most interesting people and the focal point in a reality show.

i'm with you though: the clothes are the best part...and the brad-isms.