The Quintessential White Blouse

bisousx

O.G.
Jan 3, 2008
I’m looking for that perfect, loose silky blouse that can casually go with any outfit. I’m tired of the cheap ones from Zara that look nice at first, then wrinkle super fast, and die after one wash or dry clean.

Any brand with excellent quality will do, I just want to find the “one”!

Any recommendations?

DF54F089-59CB-424C-A2D3-76910EA1C298.jpeg

I personally buy my silk blouses from Sézane, &OtherStories and sometimes Gucci. I wash them all cold by hand and steam them back into shape.

I believe finding the ultimate silk shirt/blouse depends very much on your personal taste and shape. For me it’s the Sézane Florence and Ann Shirts that flatter my shape and skin tone the most.

Good Luck with finding yours!:smile:

I agree with @zenzika. Like a pair of jeans, you'll need to try on many until you find one that suits your body and taste.

Check out Rails. They have a pretty popular and highly rated white flowy shirt. Also, consider Nordstrom in house brands like treasure as and bond or halogen.

Reactions: bisousx and zenzika
Try Equipment. French brand. Their signature sillk is a classic. It comes in a billion colors.
Here is the link to the Slim Signature Silk blouse, but they also make a Regular Signature Silk blouse if you like something fuller. Check out the white silk with black stars and also the black silk with white stars. I get so many compliments when I wear those... it's whimsical. These shirts can be worn casual (I wear mine with skinny jeans) or dressed up for work.

Search results for: 'slim signature silk' | Equipment (equipmentfr.com)

I’m loving the Equipment blouse! Hopefully it’ll restock in my size soon.
Try Saks and Bloomies too. I like Bloomies for the free return shipping. Then you can try on different sizes and styles if you're new to this brand. Equipment runs large to me. Oh, and they make great cashmere sweaters too... the Sanni fits really nice.

Good luck!

• Love
Reactions: bisousx
Try Equipment. French brand. Their signature sillk is a classic. It comes in a billion colors.
Here is the link to the Slim Signature Silk blouse, but they also make a Regular Signature Silk blouse if you like something fuller. Check out the white silk with black stars and also the black silk with white stars. I get so many compliments when I wear those... it's whimsical. These shirts can be worn casual (I wear mine with skinny jeans) or dressed up for work.

Search results for: 'slim signature silk' | Equipment (equipmentfr.com)
I have several of these and also recommend. I have the star blouse as well. LOL...I think we have very similar taste. :smile:

Reactions: BigAkoya
I have several of these and also recommend. I have the star blouse as well. LOL...I think we have very similar taste. :smile:
We do! Rings and silk blouses! Let's see if we can make it a trio.... what plain white tee do you like for layering?

I wear the Vince Little Boy Tee, especially under cardigans like the Tory Burch Simone (another item I love). But that tee has been annoying me now as the neckline gets all bumpy. I've tried so many other tees, and none are quite what I like so I'm still buying Vince.

Do you wear plain tees for layering? I like the slightly fitted so I can layer, but not skin tight in case I want to take off my jacket or cardigan.

Oh, just remembered there is a small British company called “With Nothing Underneath” that does beautiful shirts. The fit wasn’t quite right for me (my breasts are just non cooperative) but the quality was top.