The quest for the perfect foundation

I have been using Bare Minerals for years. If you order the starter kit and the colors do not match, you can call and have them send you out the right colors. I have more golden tones and the one color was to pink for me in the medium kit. They were happy to send out a replacement. I would order directly from the site tho, Ulta does not seem to give you much in the starter kit.

I am a makeup artist and use Bobbi Brown, Nars, Laura Mercier, BUT, ever since trying out BareEscentuals, I have made all my sisters switch to it. I use 2 shades that I mix. The powders are great for mixing the right match. I have combo skin and I NEVER have to retouch for over 7 hours (no shine!). Also, it is all natural and the line offers all that you need. I had so many compliments the first day i wore it. I still love all the other makeup, but for every day, BE is the choice that is best!

I've been using Prescriptives for 12 years. Always loved it. Never felt like it was 'caked on'. And EXCELLENT coverage (I've had acne forever).

The best thing about their foundation is that they match it to your skin (with all their products). Plus it lasts a long time. One bottle lasts me at least 6-8 months. I don't generally wear make-up everyday so I would assume that it would last about 3-4 months for someone that used it on an everyday basis.

i'm from nyc. i was wondering if anyone know where can i get the SKII Air Brush Foundation, and how much does it cost?

They sell it at Saks. It's $150 + tax. If they are sold out you can buy them on Ebay. I bought mine from an Ebay seller in Japan: Nihonetcetera. It was only $135 total and they have additional shades that aren't available at Saks.

They sell it at Saks. It's $150 + tax. If they are sold out you can buy them on Ebay. I bought mine from an Ebay seller in Japan: Nihonetcetera. It was only $135 total and they have additional shades that aren't available at Saks.
i also would like to get some SK-II foundation from the above mentioned seller, (sells the apparatus+ 1 refill at a much cheaper price, but for refills,sells it @ $99 compared to its'$80 price from SAKS!) and i am so glad to know that it was fine to get it from nihonetcetera, because this will be my very first ebay transaction, that is why i wanna make sure that i am buying from a reputable seller..:yes:
i wonder which shades suits a MAC NC30 with yellow undertones, medium (olive) complexion....thanks

i also would like to get some SK-II foundation from the above mentioned seller, (sells the apparatus+ 1 refill at a much cheaper price, but for refills,sells it @ $99 compared to its'$80 price from SAKS!) and i am so glad to know that it was fine to get it from nihonetcetera, because this will be my very first ebay transaction, that is why i wanna make sure that i am buying from a reputable seller..:yes:
i wonder which shades suits a MAC NC30 with yellow undertones, medium (olive) complexion....thanks

I think I got mine from the same ebay seller (it hasn't arrived yet) I'm worried about the Japanese instructions, though, but I couldn't find the shade I need from any other seller. I didn't know that this seller charges $99 for the refills. Since I'm in Europe, I don't know of any other place to get them :shrugs:

And since this thread is about good foundations, and I haven't tried the SK-II Airtouch yet, I'll have to mention Elizabeth Arden Flawless Finish Mousse. It makes you look natural and not made up (supposing that you find a shade that suits your skin tone, of course. They've discontinued mine :sad:)

Interesting thread, wish I seen it before.

Anyway, after finding BareEscentuals my quest is just about over (I'm going to experiment however between different brands of mineral makeup)

It's great to see so many ladies recommending and using it, excellent stuff.

Unless I overlooked someones thread I think I'm the first one to brag about LaPrairie's foundation...it's faboulous...I have little spots on my face, acne scars that are slowly fading and when i put that stuff on you could never tell. It's the perfect medium to full coverage foundation I've ever used. Pricey, but worth every penny IMO, I think it's between $100 and $150. I don't remember what my particular one is called, but its the round bottle that comes with the concealer on the top and a brush. It's GREAT!!
I've also tried Bare Essentials before, and although it goes on well and looks good, to me it was a little complicated and messy...i travel a lot and carry my makeup in bags and cases and since it's all powders it would get all over my stuff!! But it does work good, i just prefer liquid.

i liked macs studio fix but it broke me out like a motha =(

this thread totally convinces me to try out armani though. for those who have it, is it better in powder or liquid?

Hi ladies---Do you think the SK-11 air brush foundation system is good for older dry skin? I like medium coverage and I use pure virgin olive oil by DHC on my face daily for moisture. Also, I am a fair skinned American. I don't like any yellow in my foundation--just light beige---so the ebay seller, Nihonetcetera recommended #3. Any suggestions? Thanks!!!!!:yes: :yes: :yes:

But, my current favorite is Chanel Vitalumiere. It goes on beautifully and has an SPF of 15 which I need in CA. I also use their tint compact cream that is satin smooth for touchups. I carry that one in my purse.

For the BE users, does it look powdery at all? Do you use primer or moisturize before it? I always felt like if I wanted good coverage I needed to use liquid foundation.

^ the BE kit contains the rev-upper, a primer. it really makes the BE foundation withstand sweat and humidity, plus it contains cocktail of vitamins which is also good for your skin.
BE's finish isn't powder/chalky at all, in fact it provides a "dewy" , like a glow from within finish but not OTT....