The quest for my 1st trench...need your opinions, please?!?!

Which one should I get?

• Burberry London coat with frilled hem

• Burberry London long classic coat

• Choose another one...please specify :)

Results are only viewable after voting.

v1cky84

O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
Hi all,

I've been wanting to get a Burberry trench and just decided to take the plunge. :P

Anyways, I plan on getting a long trench coat but I can't seem to decide which one I should get. Should I get the one with frilled hem or the Burberry London classic long trench?
Here is a picture of the one with the frilled hem:
http://www4.images.coolspotters.com...wool-trench-coat-with-frilled-hem-profile.jpg
I like the feminine ruffles...it look so chic, sophisticated and trendy at the same time. But I worry that someday it will look dated or boring or too young since I plan on keeping my trench forever (While I hope I can afford to buy more Burberry coat in the future...this may end up being my one and only Burberry trench coat). So...which one do you think I should get?

Any TPFer with personal experience on the frilled hem coat? I wish I can try it on in person but there are no stores nearby that has this coat in store so I'd have to order it online.

Many thanks in advance :smile:

Vicky

Cal Bear

Feb 12, 2010
v1cky84 said:
Hi all,

I've been wanting to get a Burberry trench and just decided to take the plunge. :P

Anyways, I plan on getting a long trench coat but I can't seem to decide which one I should get. Should I get the one with frilled hem or the Burberry London classic long trench?
Here is a picture of the one with the frilled hem:
http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/572570/burberry-wool-trench-coat-with-frilled-hem-profile.jpg
I like the feminine ruffles...it look so chic, sophisticated and trendy at the same time. But I worry that someday it will look dated or boring or too young since I plan on keeping my trench forever (While I hope I can afford to buy more Burberry coat in the future...this may end up being my one and only Burberry trench coat). So...which one do you think I should get?

Any TPFer with personal experience on the frilled hem coat? I wish I can try it on in person but there are no stores nearby that has this coat in store so I'd have to order it online.

Many thanks in advance :smile:

Vicky
Hi Vicky,

I have the frilled hem coat in black and it's my favorite coat ever. It has a very flattering fit and everyone that has tried it on fell in love with it. My sister went and got the gray one after she tried mine. I think it has a classic enough look that it won't look too trendy or dated over time. I say go for it! The one thing I would suggest (since you can't try it on) is that you order a size up from your usual Burberry size since I think it runs small. I have the Marystow trench in a 2, but the 2 in the frilled hem was too small and I had to exchange it for a 4.

What color are you thinking of getting? I looked on the Burberry site and I don't see it listed. Where do you see it?

cloee

O.G.
Nov 25, 2006
I agree. I have the black one too. Fell in love with the style and risked to order online since it wasnt available in store. I'm so happy with it. best coat ever.

v1cky84

O.G.
Dec 6, 2006
Hi Vicky,

I have the frilled hem coat in black and it's my favorite coat ever. It has a very flattering fit and everyone that has tried it on fell in love with it. My sister went and got the gray one after she tried mine. I think it has a classic enough look that it won't look too trendy or dated over time. I say go for it! The one thing I would suggest (since you can't try it on) is that you order a size up from your usual Burberry size since I think it runs small. I have the Marystow trench in a 2, but the 2 in the frilled hem was too small and I had to exchange it for a 4.

What color are you thinking of getting? I looked on the Burberry site and I don't see it listed. Where do you see it?
@CalBear: Thank you for your response. It IS such a beautiful coat. I found the navy color at bloomingdales, NM & Saks' website. I found a white one at some online retailer - don't remember which one since I didn't really want to get a white color. I'm still looking for the beige color but the navy color looks good too.

I agree. I have the black one too. Fell in love with the style and risked to order online since it wasnt available in store. I'm so happy with it. best coat ever.
@cloee: Thank you for your feedback. Did you have to get it one size larger, as well?

Anyone else? I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks again :smile:

cloee

O.G.
Nov 25, 2006
@CalBear: Thank you for your response. It IS such a beautiful coat. I found the navy color at bloomingdales, NM & Saks' website. I found a white one at some online retailer - don't remember which one since I didn't really want to get a white color. I'm still looking for the beige color but the navy color looks good too.

@cloee: Thank you for your feedback. Did you have to get it one size larger, as well?

Anyone else? I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks again :smile:
Yes i got one size bigger. I'm usually a size 0 but i went for size 2. i think that was the smallest they had online.