The Purse Forum at the Louis Vuitton Store

Cafebaby

I Love Louis
Jul 28, 2009
I went to the Louis Vuitton store today to look again at the Trevi PM (my next bag) and heard some customers asking an attendant about a handbag that was not yet released but was seen on the purse forum. The attendant explained that the bag was not available and that employees cannot sell bags before the release date, so he couldn't explain how it was on the forum. He also said that he has to field questions regarding information seen on the forum on a regular basis. Apparently, this sharing among LV lovers is reeking havoc at the stores. :whiteflag:

I have been there. My SA said that it wasn't possible to get a print on the Speedy/Kepall (like the mon mono), and then I found a girl here who had done it to her Speedy and I went back and told my SA and she had no idea what to say.. She just said that it isn't possible to do it on Speedy/Kepall. But the girl on tpf didn't have have much problem.. I love the forum, it's so helpfull! Thank you ladies!

i had a similar conversational situation with the SA at Selfridges the other day..
i had inquired about the new horizontal mahina coming out later in the year; and she totally denied its coming existence.. AND made sure to say that "they" are told *everything* about LV's future plans.. hmmm..
so when i mentioned having seen the photos on TPF, her reply was that she's not been with the company that long...
:rolleyes::angel::coolio:

Yes, we do know more here. I tell my SA things all the time that she doesn't know about. I really don't understand why LV don't educate the staff. I mean some staff have to know about it when the news is out so why not all?

My SA always says did you hear about it on the purse forum?

As for selling bags before the release date, yeah they aren't suppose to do it. If they get caught by Corp they will get in trouble. There is a way around it and they will do it for certain customers. I just think that if your SA risks selling a bag before it's release, the client should be a little discreet with it. (Ex if ya post pics maybe not have your location in your avatar, that way it can't be tracked.)

I get annoyed when I go into high-end stores and the sales staff are not super knowledgeable or educated on their products. I think LV should probably require their staff to visit this site at least once a week. Just saying...

I love TPF for exactly that reason, finding all about the up and coming stuff and of course, to celebrate everyone's lovely purchases. My SA is regular reader of TPF because he said he finds more information on our site than he learns from people at LV. Now THAT'S a high shout for us all!