The PT Chataigne saga goes on -- received and is going back -- damaged

CMUmom56

Jun 25, 2009
OMG -- I waited and waited for this bag and it finally made an appearance 20 minutes ago. I was SOOOO looking forward to this bag and couldn't wait to open the box. Well let me tell you what I found when I opened up the white Balenciaga box(yes I actually got a box this time) -- a bag that has numerous white knicks on and around the handles, a couple of black marks that look like ink or something on the front and bottom of the purse and the handles look worn and are lighter in color than the rest of the bag. I am furious and in the process of packing it up and sending it right back to LV. My SA is on vacation this week(wouldn't you know), so I have to deal with whoever is available. Already sent a letter to Bal LV and hope they don't black-list me as a difficult customer, but comon now -- should I have to put up with inferior merchandise that has obvious signs of wear and damage. I paid some big $ for this bag and waited forever for it to show up. Do you know how I felt when I saw all these marks and those black spots -- I almost cried ladies. UGGHHHHHHH
Here are the pics -- see for yourself. I need a drink --- seriously!!!:crybaby:

Attachments

• IMG_0909.JPG
    IMG_0909.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0910.JPG
    IMG_0910.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0914.JPG
    IMG_0914.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0915.JPG
    IMG_0915.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 298
Here are some other pics of it -- the reveal that i was sooo looking forward to........

Attachments

• IMG_0905.JPG
    IMG_0905.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0903.JPG
    IMG_0903.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0901.JPG
    IMG_0901.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0900.JPG
    IMG_0900.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0916.JPG
    IMG_0916.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 223
I am so sorry! I know how it feels to have the thrill deflated from a purchase, and one that you were so looking forward to receiving. I am going through that right now with a HG I purchased from a seller who sent it to me with a pack of cigarettes inside (disputing with my bank)! New from the store, you expect better service.

The black marks could be natural blemishes inherent in the leather. I had a bag arrive to me that way from Barneys and my s/a exchanged it for me. Those white knicks - are they smooth or indented? It is not unusual for handles to have a couple white spots here and there; my SGH Anthra City has one but it doesn't bother me that much. A bunch would though!

yeah it has a few and they are smooth, but bothersome -- and 3 or 4 black marks along with the lighter color handles = too many things that would bother me and not enjoy my bag. So it is on the way back to LV and another SA there has one on hold and will send it to me again when this one gets there -- this time I am sending it next day and hopefully they will do the same. If it's not to my liking, they will look for another at a different Bal. I sure hope the next one I get won't be damaged -- it's the last one they have -- *fingers crossed*

roey I cannot believe you had ciggarettes in your bag -- unbelievable. For the price you pay, customer service should be impeccable!!

cmumom56, sorry about this experience. I have a few dots on my Bals, and these are natural marks. Also, the handle does tend to get sorta indented due to knocking against the giant hardware. Still, I am 100% supportive of you getting another one! You've spent too much to not get exactly what you want. best of luck and tell us how it goes!

omgosh CMUmom hard to believe your SA didn't catch those flaw before packing it up and sending to you. That makes me mad since I get my bags from BalLV too! They better get this right the 3rd time!

on a diff note, flaws aside, the bag is beauuutiful!

Thank you all for your support -- I am so upset I could cry -- almost did when I saw the bag.

Tooomz: yes it does suck --- another long waiting period..don't know if i can do it - LOL

ehc2010: Thank you and I hope I do get the bag I want in the condition I want - LOL

Queen: OMG -- wouldn't that be a hoot -- BUT on the other hand that one was waaaaaay better than this one -- LOL

m-s-m-d: Thank you -- it is a beautiful color and style and it's too bad she has to go back. I am shocked my SA didn't see any of them -- I was sent pictures and everything -- I didn't see anything, but they were only pictures -- I don't have the luxury of being there like she did -- and she knows that I am picky about the way a bag looks, so idk what happened. All I can think of is that she is on vacation this week -- it was sent out in the evening the week before she left and maybe she was in a rush to get it out because I was asking about it? Nontheless, she should have seen all those flaws -- I mean as soon as I opened up the dustbag I saw the white marks and then when I got it out of the bag I saw the black marks and the lighter colored handles -- I couldn't miss them and i only saw it for 5 minutes, she had the bag in her store under bright lights for days so how could she not see any of that? Go figure that I would have to get another bad Bal and have to wait another 2 weeks until I get another and BOY I hope the next one is a winner because I will have a nervous breakdown if i have to send another one back -- LOL

LOL Queen -- I know it is a fabulous combo and hard to resist -- LV has only one left and they are holding it for me until this one gets there --- wouldn't it be ironic if that is the original one I returned coming back to me -- can u say KARMA

OMG! I'm sorry for what you're going through... it's really hard to buy sight unseen esp these very expensive bags. I experienced the same anxiety feelings on how the bag would look like in person when you get it & when you do, there's something wrong about it. I hope you'll get the perfect one soon & have a happy ending afterall these stress.

this is shocking!

i feel for you. for the amount you spent, this is so unacceptable. so hard buying without seeing it first.

(i'm so scared about receiving my first B bag in the mail - might be the same condition) :sad:

hope you get the replacement bag soon - hopefully 3rd time LUCKY :smile:

Lighter handles seem to be relatively common; I've seen a few bags with lighter handles (and had one- unfortunately it's hard to pick up in photos). It's something that bothers me too, so I understand your concern. The lighting is so incredibly bad at Bal LV; it's hard to see anything!

I hope your next bag is perfection. Chataigne GGH is amazing!

Oh no, I am sorry to hear this! Your pics are very small but I can see what looks like white on your handles. Is this the Bal in Vegas? That is a teeny store. Every time I've been in there, they haven't had much inventory and quite a few were um, very shop worn.

Make sure that they SA is sending you a completely different bag this time and not the original bag. Although, even that one seems like a better option to this one. How frustrated you must be. :hugs: