The PROTOTYPE firebird

chinchin_lim

hopelessLVaddict
O.G.
Jan 23, 2008
This is apparently the prototype from S/S 08 and I guess the exact bag used in Sex and the City. The mini version of the retail firebird.

The inside is quite bad, even the words are smudged and no RP signature. There are some deviations- like the bubbles and the lock and the tag. :confused1:

I am assuming it is authentic cause it is from fashionpile.

Would you pay for a prototype?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOUIS-VUITTON-R...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

c08290a.jpg

No I wouldn't buy this particular prototype because, first, it is not in good condition....and, second, too many features and details are different from the regular Firebird. A dot is also missing and I don't know if LV would repair a prototype because it's not supposed to be sold.

Even if you like irregular prototype kind of bags, this particular Firebird is not worth keeping in your collection because of its poor condition.

I don't think it looks good. It might be a "rare" piece, but I wouldn't buy it. Like Tookata said it's in horrible condition and it looks rather sloppy. I know for collectors, anything rare is a quick grab... but in this case, NO! LOL.

Hmmm... To be honest, I am waiting for the pastel prototype of firebird on the runway. The yellow top, green middle and pink base. But looking at the condition of this prototype, I wondered how the pastel runway firebird will fare.

Thanks for your response! Maybe I should look forward to next year S/S!

Glad to see you back, Tookata!

She inquired about this bag in the LV authentication thread... it looked real.

However, I wouldn't pay for a prototype.

Me neither.

IMO, prototypes and bags used in the runway shows aren't meant to be used like the ones that go on sale to the general public.
As an example, I always looked at the Miroir Alma Janet Jackson had that was a prototype...that thing was SO crinkly and it really looked bad.

Me neither.

IMO, prototypes and bags used in the runway shows aren't meant to be used like the ones that go on sale to the general public.
As an example, I always looked at the Miroir Alma Janet Jackson had that was a prototype...that thing was SO crinkly and it really looked bad.

yeah i also dont like the alma...

janetjacksonmiroiralma.jpg

Me neither.

I second that, Louis Vuitton probably don't go through all the quality test, this bag can break and won't be repaired by LV. It's a great collector so people would actually pay this price.

I don't think that is the version that was used in SATC that one kinda had a wider bottom more of a bubble shape that looks just the one released maybe just a little smaller.

I'm the opposite I probably would pay for a prototype but it would have to be in great condition and something I loved, I wouldn't get that one the marks would bug me.

Hmmm... To be honest, I am waiting for the pastel prototype of firebird on the runway. The yellow top, green middle and pink base. But looking at the condition of this prototype, I wondered how the pastel runway firebird will fare...

If it ever shows up, make sure all of the dots are there since they are the absolute key features of the Firebird. The one Fashionphile has misses one dot and that significantly devalues the bag (not to mention the terrible stains on the lining and other irregular features).

Glad to see you back, Tookata!

Thanks, Chin! I've been away, but lurking around from time to time :graucho:.

^^ My neon firebird is not "reacting" well to our hot humid climate and I have stopped taking it out. Knowing that, I am still hoping to get the pastel firebird. Ironic isn't it?

I am hoping to see something special from S/S 09- I need something to look forward to!

^^ My neon firebird is not "reacting" well to our hot humid climate and I have stopped taking it out. Knowing that, I am still hoping to get the pastel firebird. Ironic isn't it?

What happened? :confused1: Please share. Are the dots OK?

I haven't used mine yet, can you believe it? :P

I am hoping to see something special from S/S 09- I need something to look forward to!

I hope SS09 is full of nice stuff, although I see '09 cruise collection already looks pretty awesome. :tup: