The PROTOTYPE firebird

What happened? :confused1: Please share. Are the dots OK?

I haven't used mine yet, can you believe it? :P

I hope SS09 is full of nice stuff, although I see '09 cruise collection already looks pretty awesome. :tup:

Oh my... you haven't use your firebird? :nuts: I brought mine out as many weekends as I can! The dots are fine and everything is ok but cause of the hot weather, the vernis leather tend to feel sticky and I actually found a tiny peel at the base. Totally devastated and never use it again. :sad:

That's terrible Chinchin, sorry to hear. :sad:

Haven't seen you around Tookata, I noticed your absence from LVMode's thread particularly! Hope all is well.

Chinchin, LVMode has left the forum since her thread got closed, hence why her avatar and pics have been removed :sad:

I totally understand LVMode. She's upset and it's really not fair to close her thread. LVMode is a very big loss to tPF. Have you noticed that vernilover's gone too?! I'm not attacking anyone ok so don't ban me. People nowadays are very cranky.. :Push:

Anyway, back to topic. I saw the runway show and I didn't remember the Firebird in this color in this size. The one in the show and in SATC is smaller:

48m.jpg

Heck naw I wouldn't pay that much for that bag. It looks like a 2 year old carried it! All those marks on the inside? Ugh.

Now, if there were a prototype I loved & it was in good condition, I would pay for it. How much? I'm not sure.

TFFC and L.V: Oh... I guess everyone has their own reason and I wouldn't want to speculate. I miss LVMode though. :sad: Send her my regards if you do see/talk to her.

I found a pic of another prototype Firebird. This one misses 2 dots :Push:! But the luggage tag is hanging from the right side - same side as the regular one, but the latch is on the horizontal direction just like the one Fashionphile has on auction.

Interesting that there are a few types of the prototype Firebird.

getfileql9.jpg

That's terrible Chinchin, sorry to hear. :sad:

Haven't seen you around Tookata, I noticed your absence from LVMode's thread particularly! Hope all is well.

I'm doing great! Thank you so much for asking, TFFC :smile:. I know I've been away for a while and have not posted much of anything. Now I'm back and she's gone :sad:. But I'll be away again in a couple of weeks - on special work assignment.

Chinchin, LVMode has left the forum since her thread got closed, hence why her avatar and pics have been removed :sad:

I saw Megs and John5 posts in Vernilover's collection thread explaining why they closed M's thread. I'm surprised that the mods said that there were many complaints and reports. LVMode's thread is probably the most popular and the most informative thread on this forum. Will she ever come back? What a big loss! I think I'll drop her a note.

I would totally pay more for a prototype bag. (I personally wouldn't spend that kind of cash on any bag but I would pay MORE than I would for a regular one).
It's special and unique - lots of people have the ones you can get at LV but how many people have this?
It's like a work of art IMO.