The pros and cons of the grizzly Birkin

the idea behind suede and leather is that the most wearable parts are leather and the fact that it has a soft toile lining makes the bag sporty and i think something that is supposed to age and look soft since the beginning the idea is more of a mountain cowboy Aspen meets Texas look and i think in that context the aging of a grizzly bag will be wonderful but......... soft and worn is part of the concept patina almost as the one you would expect on barenia !!!!

:smooch::true::goodpost:

I have a Grizzly and I love it. I don't think it wears worse than a regular Birkin, although I must qualify that I have been gentle with it, and when not on duty (which is quite often), it rests in a 22 deg celsius, 60% humidity wardrobe. Once, when wearing white jeans, I thought I got a reverse colour-transfer when I found brownish marks where the Birkin (a fauve/ chamonix) would have rubbed against the jeans. But I inspected the bag and found no damage, so to this day I am still not certain.

The fauve Grizzly is Barenia/suede not Chamonix.

the idea behind suede and leather is that the most wearable parts are leather and the fact that it has a soft toile lining makes the bag sporty and i think something that is supposed to age and look soft since the beginning the idea is more of a mountain cowboy Aspen meets Texas look and i think in that context the aging of a grizzly bag will be wonderful but......... soft and worn is part of the concept patina almost as the one you would expect on barenia !!!!

That's what I think, too. I would mostly expect to use it as I do my barenia.

I think it would be worth the extra care - it's gorgeous! With a suede brush/eraser you can clean it some. I have an all suede bag (not H) in dark brown and it has held up very well.

I have a Grizzly and I love it. I don't think it wears worse than a regular Birkin, although I must qualify that I have been gentle with it, and when not on duty (which is quite often), it rests in a 22 deg celsius, 60% humidity wardrobe. Once, when wearing white jeans, I thought I got a reverse colour-transfer when I found brownish marks where the Birkin (a fauve/ chamonix) would have rubbed against the jeans. But I inspected the bag and found no damage, so to this day I am still not certain.

Hi AnHermesHabit, is that a rose lipstick b next to the Grizzly?? So stunning!

i have seen this bag in person in blue and honestly its pretty cool the first pic i saw i just did not love but in person.............. i always wanted a birkin relax with a twist because any worn birkin is a relax especially in swift but this bag has this odd i dont care Grace Kelly meets brazilian supermodel effect[B] my only true issue is the fact that all suede birkins exist and i like them better !![/B] because the ghyllis/grizzly look i dont love on the birkin on the kelly i really don't mind because its closed and so the bags front does not change on the birkin hmmm i dont adore the look . but grizly bags are pretty unique.