The practical IENA Club!

View attachment 3810254
Here is a photo of me modeling Iena MM in the store. I bought it! My first LV! ❤ I am 5'8", so I think the MM is better for me than the PM, but it just seems so big to me. I am second guessing myself. Would love opinions please.
I think it looks good on you! I think the bag should be proportional to your size. Thanks for giving me an idea of what it looks like on us taller girls.

Hi all it's my 1st time posting and I'm hoping to get your opinion. I can't go to an LV boutique. I need to decide between getting the Iéna MM in mono or the speedy b 35 in DE. I already have Artsy mm mono, speedy b 30 mono, and Iéna mm DE. I am 5' 4" and have 3 kids (1, 2, and 6 yrs old) so I like having a bigger bag. I want to use it for every day things like errands and kids, but I also want the option of not having it feel like a "mommy bag."

Please let me know your opinion on which bag to get. TIA

Pros/cons Iéna:
+ big and lots of space
+ zipper and front pocket
+ comfy straps
+ big opening makes it easy for access
- more maintenance bec of vachetta
- curling of tabs bec of vachetta

Pros/cons Speedy B 35 DE
+ multi-carry options esp w/3 kids
+ DE is less maintenance
- possible slouching (but I plan on getting a purse organizer that helps keep it from sagging)
- smaller opening than Iéna but not a deal breaker

I think another PRO for the Speedy is the cross body option and being hands free!

Can an Iena owner answer this question for me- do you find this bag to be floppy and not hold its shape? For instance when you set it on table does is sag and fall over/flap even with your items in it like a delightful does? Or does it maintain somewhat of its structure? I'm debating between getting this or a preloved totally. I love the more updated look of the Iena and that outside zip pocket but I do love some structure to a bag where when I set it down it still sits up mostly - doesn't have to be stiff but it would annoy me if it's hard to find stuff in or is like the Delightful in that way. Help thanks

Reactions: sheilaru
Can an Iena owner answer this question for me- do you find this bag to be floppy and not hold its shape? For instance when you set it on table does is sag and fall over/flap even with your items in it like a delightful does? Or does it maintain somewhat of its structure? I'm debating between getting this or a preloved totally. I love the more updated look of the Iena and that outside zip pocket but I do love some structure to a bag where when I set it down it still sits up mostly - doesn't have to be stiff but it would annoy me if it's hard to find stuff in or is like the Delightful in that way. Help thanks

I use a Samorga Organizer in mine, and it sits beautifully ~ Since Samorgas are made out of felted wool, you don't have a structured feel when you are carrying the bag ~ it will squish a bit into your body. But it gives it just enough body when it is sitting to allow it to not to collapse. :smile:

I do find my Iena MM be somewhat floppy, but using a purse organizer has helped it maintain some structure, as well as making it easier to find things. I would definitely buy the bag again. (Actually I did - I have 3!) I had the Totally PM and sold it. Found the outside pockets difficult to get in and out of. Hope this helps.

Reactions: USCGirlie
I do find my Iena MM be somewhat floppy, but using a purse organizer has helped it maintain some structure, as well as making it easier to find things. I would definitely buy the bag again. (Actually I did - I have 3!) I had the Totally PM and sold it. Found the outside pockets difficult to get in and out of. Hope this helps.

This was extremely helpful thank you!! I had the totally pm to and just recently sold it - outside pockets I never used either but have been trying to decide go mm totally or just get the Iena! Thanks for sharing your experience so great to know you love it sim much you have 3 that's a great selling feature for me too!!!

Reactions: 1LV

Hi. I have the PM and it doesn't flop at all even when empty. Not sure if you are interested in the PM or MM. I can imagine the MM possibly flopping over empty due to its big soft body (actually I did see an empty floppy MM at the store that the SA pulled out of the drawer).

Hi. I have the PM and it doesn't flop at all even when empty. Not sure if you are interested in the PM or MM. I can imagine the MM possibly flopping over empty due to its big soft body (actually I did see an empty floppy MM at the store that the SA pulled out of the drawer).
Oh thank you that's good to know - was thinking the mm in order to have a big tote but the pm would certainly be perfect for me to as I don't cArry a lot on a daily basis

Another question about the Iena - how do you all like or dislike the vachetta pull tab for the zipper? I know it's seems like the one on the speedy - I don't own. Speedy and Don't know how that would be but have a mini vachetta pull tab on my turenne pm and I'm not exactly a fan of it - worry about how it will hold up but so far it's been fine. Just wondered

My biggest complaint with the Iena is the handles falling off my shoulder. It seems one is always slipping. I haven't decided yet if this bag is a keeper or a resell. I even cross them, but one seems to always be falling down. :sad:

Reactions: Namwan-
I have a problem with straps sliding off my shoulder as well. Happens to me with the NF MM also, although I think I've only reached for it once since purchasing the Iena MM. With the Iena the pros outweigh that one "con". It's not a problem with my PMs. Maybe because the drop is shorter? Regardless, I love this bag.

Reactions: USCGirlie
The straps on my pm Iena sometimes one will slip, but I seem to have that problem with just about every double strap bag I have ever owned. So it's not a big problem for me, and it doesn't happen all the time. I have been carrying my Iena for over 3 months straight. Love this bag. Oh and it has never even if empty flopped over.