The postman just delivered my first Mulberry--but i need opinions!

I agree that full price is not appropriate for a bag with a gouge out the back. If you can get it at a good discount, it could be worth keeping, but if not, then NAP should make it right and replace it with a perfect specimen. Let us know how NAP respond.

Lovely bag but I totally agree that you should be given a partial refund if you want to keep it. 30% off would be the least you should accept, IMO. Good luck and hope you get it sorted out xx

Good luck let us know how you get on.
I returned a damaged Chloe bag to them last week and they covered postage both ways, so hopefully they will sort you out.
I would be happy to accept the mark but only with a discount.
It actually looks like a Oak tree knot!

Thanks for all the comments, ladies! I've e-mailed them to see if it's possible to get an exchange (although I know they have none in stock) but I'll be asking for a discount if that's not possible, and probably returning it otherwise. It's quite a lovely bag aside from the defect and water marks.

^^ You're right, rachiem, it does! Hopefully NAP are good to me. I've only had great customer service from them so far, but I'll let you all know how I go. Thank goodness the weather here is dismal at the moment, and I wouldn't have been able to use it even if it had been perfect, or this would be even more frustrating!

Keep us posted, I agree it would be a real shame to have to send this bag back, as I am sure the mark is not that noticeable when you wear it. But only ofcourse for a discounted price. It looks lovely tho :smile:

Hi, late to this but I just wanted to say that I agree with all the other comments. No way should there be a mark like that on a brand new bag, it's totally unacceptable.
On the plus side I think that the print on your bag is beautiful. I have a printed Ledbury and the print is the same, it looks so elegant.
Good luck with NAP, i hope that this gets sorted out for you.

I would ask for partial refund, if not I would send back. You can always get customs fees refunded, probably similarly to Canadian customs form you get with the parcel, there is (on the back) a form you can peel off and it is a return application. One of the reasons our form has is "return". You just need to send it with the proof of return to the given address. Mine took 8 weeks to process but yesterday I got a cheque.

I hope all will be fine.

Think of yourself in the past. Do you get used to stuff you do not like, especially if it is something special?

I found that I just do not get used to things I do not like. I do not think that bags are supposed to torture me with flaws, but to make my life more elegant and cheerful.

If I get a huge discount and something is wrong but does not bother me , well - OK. I also got a bag which was different from what I wanted, more used than what was described/listed, but I cleaned it and kept it because it was gorgeous as it was...

But, I ended up selling sooner or later every bag that had something that bothered me. It just got worse with time.

Definitely a partial refund or return the bag. With classics (bags not included in any sales), I could easily accept a small flaw if I were given a partial refund. It would kind of feel like a good deal :smile:. It will anyhow mark when you start using it. If you think it will bother you, even with a partial refund, then return it and get a new, flawless one.

Good luck!

I would ask for partial refund, if not I would send back. You can always get customs fees refunded, probably similarly to Canadian customs form you get with the parcel, there is (on the back) a form you can peel off and it is a return application. One of the reasons our form has is "return". You just need to send it with the proof of return to the given address. Mine took 8 weeks to process but yesterday I got a cheque.

Hmm, I've heard conflicting stories about Australian customs procedures when it comes to refunds, but this is heartening! The customs fee made up a substantial chunk of the price, so it would be a shame if I couldn't get it back. I'm sure I'd be able to, I imagine it would just take a time, as with your experience. Thanks for the advice!

Think of yourself in the past. Do you get used to stuff you do not like, especially if it is something special?

This one's a tricky one with me. I certainly wouldn't say I'm fickle, but I have been known to change my mind about something I didn't originally like. I had a Chloe bag turn up earlier this year in a completely different colour to what I'd thought I'd ordered, and ended up loving it to death--even more so than the colour I'd originally wanted!

With flaws, though... I do think I could cope with the mark, it's more just the principle of the matter. I really don't feel comfortable paying full price for a bag with a defect like this--not when it cost me over AU$1000! I also worry a little about resale value, should I decide I don't want the bag down the track (although this isn't that likely with me; I tend to get attached to things).

I STILL haven't heard back from NAP after two days, though, which would be fine but they did send an e-mail saying they would get back to me within twenty-four hours. I'm starting to get a bit impatient. Given a previous experience taken together with this, I'm wondering if they value their international customers a little less.

Just a couple of other questions, ladies. I feel like the suede lining of the bag smells a little off somehow--a little sour or musty, maybe? I've never had a bag with suede lining before, and I'm wondering if this is normal? Also, will the leather on a printed bag soften up much? I do like the slightly more structured look of the printed Bays compared to the regular oak one, but the leather is a bit stiffer than I'd expected, so I'm just curious. I'm still wondering if I should just exchange it for a regular oak if possible. I'm only twenty-four and I guess I'm a little worried the printed Bays looks a little old for me? I think that's why I wanted one with the smaller print to the side, originally: I think the bag looks a little edgier like that.

in my experience with EVERYONE, you need to phone, email messaging system is still not well developed although they send you first to email....if NAP has live chat link or phone like Luisaviaroma, customer service, that is your best option. I dragged like this some issue with Luisaviaroma until I waited through all that nasty music on hold, with all time differences and languages Canada-Italy, and when I got through, I got it resolved.