The (Pochette) Metis Club

So I called the Hotline today to ask about my options. Basically, if I want to reserve one in the Store I have to pay 100% upfront. (because the bag is so popular and they want to make sure you buy it...doesn't make sense to me.) If I order online they won't charge me until delivery. They also told me that should I have any problems with it I would have to go to the Store anyways.
Btw: Waiting time in Germany are 4 weeks right now. But I called an old SA and he has one in Store right now (different city tho)

I think I will order online, since I want to pick up the bag in 4 weeks time, when my sister is in town and we both go to the store.

Hi everyone, I just came back from Paris and I was able to snatch the only Pochette Metis in the Champs Eleysee Paris store. Before I get into how I got it, can someone clarify whether the bag should have come with a box? Because all I was given was the PM + dust bag placed into an orange LV paper shopping bag. And if its suppose to have a box but I didn't receive one, can I go into my local LV store and ask them for one? Thanks in advance!!!!

So my finding the PM was pure luck. Apparently, this bag is still on wait list and people have to reserve it in advance. I was shopping around the store when I decided to just walk up to the cashier and ask if by any small chance they would have the PM in stock. At first he said no but then he clicked away into his computer and told me to wait while he asked another staff member to go look in the back... he said that I might just be in luck. He offered my husband and I each a glass of Brut + Rosé champagne while we waited and after what seemed like eternity, when in reality was probably about 10 minutes, another SA came out and handed him an LV shopping bag and in it, the PM inside the dust bag. Apparently, the item was on reserve for someone else. However, it turned out the "cashier" I was speaking to turned out to be the store's director. I don't know why or how but he said that he will take care of it and that the bag can be mine if I wanted it. So that is how I became a part of the Pochette Metis club / community.

My bag is made in Paris, France and costed £1290 . I did a general inspection and everything looks perfect to me.

The only thing bothering me now is whether or not I should have received a box with my new bag purchase. If someone could enlighten me I would be so grateful! Thx :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_2564.JPG
    IMG_2564.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 3,624
Hi everyone, I just came back from Paris and I was able to snatch the only Pochette Metis in the Champs Eleysee Paris store. Before I get into how I got it, can someone clarify whether the bag should have come with a box? Because all I was given was the PM + dust bag placed into an orange LV paper shopping bag. And if its suppose to have a box but I didn't receive one, can I go into my local LV store and ask them for one? Thanks in advance!!!!

So my finding the PM was pure luck. Apparently, this bag is still on wait list and people have to reserve it in advance. I was shopping around the store when I decided to just walk up to the cashier and ask if by any small chance they would have the PM in stock. At first he said no but then he clicked away into his computer and told me to wait while he asked another staff member to go look in the back... he said that I might just be in luck. He offered my husband and I each a glass of Brut + Rosé champagne while we waited and after what seemed like eternity, when in reality was probably about 10 minutes, another SA came out and handed him an LV shopping bag and in it, the PM inside the dust bag. Apparently, the item was on reserve for someone else. However, it turned out the "cashier" I was speaking to turned out to be the store's director. I don't know why or how but he said that he will take care of it and that the bag can be mine if I wanted it. So that is how I became a part of the Pochette Metis club / community.

My bag is made in Paris, France and costed £1290 . I did a general inspection and everything looks perfect to me.

The only thing bothering me now is whether or not I should have received a box with my new bag purchase. If someone could enlighten me I would be so grateful! Thx :smile:
Congratulations! Lucky you.
I got mine from US store Made in France & it came in dust bag with a box & shopping bag.

Reactions: designergirl23
Congratulations! Lucky you.
I got mine from US store Made in France & it came in dust bag with a box & shopping bag.

Yes that's what I thought I've been seeing on the internet is people actually received a box with their purchase. It's actually really bothering me that I don't have one now... I might just have to take it to the LV store in Hong Kong where I reside and ask them about this.

Yes that's what I thought I've been seeing on the internet is people actually received a box with their purchase. It's actually really bothering me that I don't have one now... I might just have to take it to the LV store in Hong Kong where I reside and ask them about this.
Probably he thought you were on travel & no need box? [emoji30]

I bought mine last month from LV in Harbour City (canton road) and they gave me a dust bag and box (the new orange one too!). I doesn't hurt to ask!

I bought mine last month from LV in Harbour City (canton road) and they gave me a dust bag and box (the new orange one too!). I doesn't hurt to ask!

Thanks for sharing! I will find time to make a trip to LV and ask for sure. Maybe the SA was tired and forgot to ask since the store was near closing time when I made the purchase... but regardless, I wish I was given the option to avoid the hassle now.

Pouchette Metis is a beautiful functional purse and this is my most used bag , if you will buy it purchase it at the store not online and make sure to keep the receipt . The store will send the glazing issue for repair for free in case you will have a problem . ( the glazing on mine was repaired and I do not have a problem to date ) [emoji7]

I purchased my bag online and landed up with the glazing issues. I sent it in to a store and it was sent out for repair. Turns out it could not be repaired and they are sending me a brand new one. I love this bag so much and would highly recommend it!!

Sometimes you have to be specific and ask for a box, as the box is meant to be a gift box and not for storing purposes. Also in the past when I went to LV boutiques during my holiday and if the SA knew so, they would ask whether I would want the box or not as the boxes can be bulky and a pain to carry. Nevertheless the SA should have asked you first