The (Pochette) Metis Club

I’m soooooo annoyed. I’ve had this infrarouge pochette metis since Feb 2017. I rotate bags frequently and pulled this one out today since it’s a rainy day. I haven’t inspected it in awhile so of course I was mortified when did today! The glazing looks awful in so many places.
View attachment 4217567
View attachment 4217570
View attachment 4217571
View attachment 4217573
View attachment 4217577
View attachment 4217578
View attachment 4217579
View attachment 4217580
View attachment 4217581

I’m careful with my bags so idk how it could have gotten this bad. I’m going to take it to the store tomorrow. Wish me luck!
My gosh! Not acceptable!!! When I had my PM, i hardly used it and the next time I went for it, the canvas was cracked in 2 places! So I feel your frustration!

Hey ladies and gents.. So I just got my PM in noir and Mono a few weeks ago while on vacay in Guam. I am back in Japan where my husband is stationed. I have yet to use the bag and yesterday while I was about to, I noticed that little “button” or rivet like on the sides on the vachetta tab where you clip the strap is coming off!!!! I can literally pick it off if I wanted to!! Anyone ever had any issues with theirs?? I am so upset!!! I am so picky with my bags and inspected it well but I guess I missed that. I was more concerned with glazing, cracks, and alignment. Never thought to check that. I mean who would’ve thought right?! It also kinda feels like it’s missing a piece in the lining part that should’ve connected with that button from the inside. Ugh!!!! My SA said there’s one store here in japan that has a repair center which is great but I’m just really bummed that I’m gonna have to send it in for repair when it is brand new! Also, any ladies have a PM made in Spain? Mine is but I usually see them made in France, Italy and USA. Just wondering, lol. Anyways, rant over. Thank you all for listening.View attachment 4220709
Oh no!!! Hope the store in Japan can get it fixed ASAP, totally not acceptable! Seriously what is it with this bag?! I got mine from the Paris flagship last month and it’s Made in Spain. It seems ok so far (touch wood) besides the little ‘craters’ on some parts of the bottom glazing. It dried while it bubbled up I guess but the glazing is thick so it doesn’t bother me.

The canvas ones have so many issues. The empreinte noir is absolutely gorgeous and has few if any problems!
Even tho I just got the PM in Mono, I’m so tempted and can see myself getting it in empriente as well ! It’s such a beautiful bag, now if only Vuitton can do better with making them in perfect condition, it will actually be worth the money they charge for it! Lol!

Reactions: TangerineKandy
Even tho I just got the PM in Mono, I’m so tempted and can see myself getting it in empriente as well ! It’s such a beautiful bag, now if only Vuitton can do better with making them in perfect condition, it will actually be worth the money they charge for it! Lol!
Lol agreed! I don't understand why their glazing is so sub-par! I have coach bags that I'm not as careful with and they don't have any glazing issues at all!

Lol agreed! I don't understand why their glazing is so sub-par! I have coach bags that I'm not as careful with and they don't have any glazing issues at all!
Yea I know, right?! Even their other bags have never caused such an issue! So weird and frustrating ... sigh .. anyways, they’re very successful with the design of the PM tho cause everyone’s crazy about it .. haha

Reactions: TangerineKandy
I joined the club! LOVING the Pochette Metis. It is the perfect hands-free bag. I have a question about the interior tag—I noticed some say “Made in France” on the tag, but others do not specify where they were made. Does that mean the bag was made in the U.S.?
If it is not specified where it is made on the label it is made in the US, you could also check the datecode to figure out which week and in which factory your bag was made.

Oh no!!! Hope the store in Japan can get it fixed ASAP, totally not acceptable! Seriously what is it with this bag?! I got mine from the Paris flagship last month and it’s Made in Spain. It seems ok so far (touch wood) besides the little ‘craters’ on some parts of the bottom glazing. It dried while it bubbled up I guess but the glazing is thick so it doesn’t bother me.
Thank you! I hope so too! I’ll be bringing it in next weekend. The store is a couple hours away from me and I’d have to take the trains so it’ll have to wait till then. I hope you don’t have issues with yours! I think I have a few of those craters too. I’m thinking of just having them reglaze the bag as well just to be safe. It’s pretty thick but not all the way around. I guess I might as well have them redo it since I’ll have to get that one piece repaired anyways.

Your post made me look at my PM empreinte tonight. Same issue as yours with cracks in the glazing! Bag less than 1 year old and hasn’t been used very often since I rotate thru my bags. Made in USA so unsure if quality is worse compared to elsewhere. I took a look at my 8 year old Balenciaga bag to compare and no glazing cracks so either the PM design or the glazing used by LV is subpar. Also wondering how hardy is the side tab holding the straps. I see some pulling on the leather.

View attachment 4220877
View attachment 4220878
View attachment 4220879

I had exactly the same cracks like yours after 2 months (I have used it once per week!).
The quality was inacceptable for me. :sad:

Thank you! I hope so too! I’ll be bringing it in next weekend. The store is a couple hours away from me and I’d have to take the trains so it’ll have to wait till then. I hope you don’t have issues with yours! I think I have a few of those craters too. I’m thinking of just having them reglaze the bag as well just to be safe. It’s pretty thick but not all the way around. I guess I might as well have them redo it since I’ll have to get that one piece repaired anyways.
Yea agreed to get some of the reglazing done since they'll be fixing the screw part anyways. Keep us updated! Hope they won't need to hold on to your baby for too long

Reactions: a.s.h.l.e.y