The (Pochette) Metis Club

So in reference to my last post, I just got another phonecall from the lady I made the order with to confirm my order has gone through and is being prepared for delivery!! I AM SO HAPPY AND SO EXCITED!! And its in the reverse which I never thought I'd find :biggrin: don't give up with CS guys. I was just making a call to check if its in stock anywhere as I do most mornings and the lady randomly just told me I was lucky and able to order it on the phone in that moment!
How lucky! Every time I ring it's a no, and online orders get cancelled. Slowly giving up!

I sold my used mono PM on eBay and even with -10% going to eBay and something to PayPal, I still got all the money back (plus €20,-!) I once paid for the bag.
I would never ever sell on fashionphile or vestiairecollective or any sort of these online shops.. that’s a loss deal for sure!!! They just wanna make money for themselves.
But if you just wanna get rid of the bag and make at least a little money, sure, why not?

Thank you! Was it all done though PayPal? I've never sold anything on eBay. Nervous I will send bag out and that payment will somehow be reversed, or they use the bag and return it in crappy condition. Wow I know I sound awfully cynical and pessimistic, but you always hear terrible stories like that.

So two weeks ago I received a phone call that I was finally at the top of the PM wait list, stupidly I said "no I think I'll pass this time" and regretted it. I called back a few mins later and it had sold :crybaby: I then managed to get my hands on the Empreinte noir which I LOVE so so much, and had to put myself back on the PM wait list to get the original monogram version. I placed an order online when it said add to basket and it got cancelled the next day :sad: so just a matter of waiting now (I'm extremely impatient) before my little collection is complete :heart::love::panic:

I love my empreinte noir! My go-to bag these days. So comfortable to wear even when packed to the gills! Congrats and enjoy!!!!

Reactions: FM88
Thank you! Was it all done though PayPal? I've never sold anything on eBay. Nervous I will send bag out and that payment will somehow be reversed, or they use the bag and return it in crappy condition. Wow I know I sound awfully cynical and pessimistic, but you always hear terrible stories like that.
Well........ that depends... :biggrin:
In this vey case I got a very trustworthy customer and she seemed to LV experienced and VERY happy about the bag.
Sold a few other low-luxury (Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors) bags via eBay with great experience as well.
What you wanna make sure is to have A LOT and very detailed photos. Not only for the buyer to se but for yourself as proof in case of... keep a copy of the bill etc..
PayPal is mainly safe for the buyer and not you as a seller. But that’s ok with me.
And you absolutely have to send the bag insured! Double boxed! As stupid and awful it sounds: you gotta bring your A-game! Only this way you can assure smooth transaction! ;)

Reactions: LoKat3
Well........ that depends... :biggrin:
In this vey case I got a very trustworthy customer and she seemed to LV experienced and VERY happy about the bag.
Sold a few other low-luxury (Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors) bags via eBay with great experience as well.
What you wanna make sure is to have A LOT and very detailed photos. Not only for the buyer to se but for yourself as proof in case of... keep a copy of the bill etc..
PayPal is mainly safe for the buyer and not you as a seller. But that’s ok with me.
And you absolutely have to send the bag insured! Double boxed! As stupid and awful it sounds: you gotta bring your A-game! Only this way you can assure smooth transaction! ;)

Thank you again! Perhaps I'll sell some 'less' luxurious items first to see how it goes, to make me more comfortable. I appreciate all the tips and tricks!

Yepp... here.
Sold my mono PM for a black empreinte.
Regretted it right away and got a new mono as well.
Now I have both :biggrin:
Strap on the mono PM is comfortable as well!

I honestly think the classic LV monogramm suits the PM the best! I’ve never been a fan of monogramm, always opted for Damier or something else.
But there is just something about the monogramm on the PM and the vacchetta that makes it all perfect.
Dunno... :smile:

I totally understand what you're saying... PM in monogram is classic that's why I keep thinking about it. Good to hear that the mono strap is comfortable. I used to have the Metis hobo and I find the mono strap quite uncomfortable. But I think that's because the Metis hobo is heavier. Thanks for your input. If only the PM monogram is more readily available... It's just so difficult to find...

Hi I too was on the waitlist and managed to secure them both online first... at really random times I got the monogram on a Monday morning at 8am and the reverse on a Friday at 12pm ... my only tip is just keep checking the website as they are still coming up as available every now and then ... good luck

Hi again, thought I’d send a big thanks for inspiring me to keep looking. I was on the Australian website a number of times on Monday and a Reverse Mono popped up in the afternoon. Bought it straight away!

Reactions: FM88 and doongee
Is the leather one wearing well for anyone who has owned it for a few months now? I did not want to buy early because I read the threads about the canvas version and was very worried. I do not see many negatives about the leather version, so is everything going well?

Reactions: ahhgoo
Is the leather one wearing well for anyone who has owned it for a few months now? I did not want to buy early because I read the threads about the canvas version and was very worried. I do not see many negatives about the leather version, so is everything going well?
I would like to know this as well! I have put down money to hold one and it should be arriving anytime now.

I absolutely love my marine rouge PM. Purchased in August, and it’s my go to weekend bag. I get so many compliments on it and it really is a luscious bag to use. I haven’t seen anything at all like it from other designers. I wish the inner lining was microfiber and not textile, but that’s my only issue. Absolutely no wear and tear, in my opinion, except minor scratching on the lock which is to be expected...
No peeling, cracking, warping. Since it’s leather, I do expect it to soften up with more use but I don’t mind that either.

My beautiful Pochette Metis in Monogram has finally arrived today after a long two month wait

It's my first time actually seeing this bag in person and it is perfect and exactly what I was wanting!

Luckily I've received a perfect bag with no flaws & I've already taken her out today for Coffee and Christmas shopping

View attachment 3882597
Wow that was quick, mine won’t be arriving until Tuesday!
Beautiful bag x
B

Reactions: gabriellebar