The Playboy Club on NBC

Sad news ladies, The Playboy Club was canceled. I knew something was up when they didn't show a promo for next week. I'm really bummed - this show was becoming one of my new favorites. :cursing: I wish NBC would have given it more of a chance.

are you serious? after two episodes? :hrmm:

i didn't love it, but was going to give it a chance. with no Don Draper, I was kinda enjoying Eddie Cibrian doing his best Jon Hamm/Don Draper impersonation.

I was just about to watch the latest episode on demand. :tdown:

it is being replaced by a Dateline type show starting Oct31st called Rock Center, until then Prime Suspect repeats will air with no intention of showing the unaired episodes.

While Playboy Club was not the best show it surely was not the worst. The scary thing is that Whitney with its awful studio laughs every 3 seconds got a full season pickup which was predicted to be one of the worst shows by many critics.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=673438&GT1=28101

it is being replaced by a Dateline type show starting Oct31st called Rock Center, until then Prime Suspect repeats will air with no intention of showing the unaired episodes.

While Playboy Club was not the best show it surely was not the worst. The scary thing is that Whitney with its awful studio laughs every 3 seconds got a full season pickup which was predicted to be one of the worst shows by many critics.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=673438&GT1=28101

That makes me so mad - can't they at least put the unaired episodes on itunes or online? I really would like to see them, but I'm sure they'll never see the light of day. :sad: I don't understand why they can't just continue to keep airing the rest of the filmed episodes until that new show starts. If they already spent the money on filming the episodes, why not air them?

I think NBC gave it enough time to see how the viewers liked it. Ratings for the premiere were not great and it just got worse and worse for weeks 2 and 3. I def. saw that coming based on ratings....but i have to say it wasn't so bad.

wow... that was fast!
i was also wondering why there were no previews for next week.

guess we'll never know if the mob gets the bunny!

This really is sad. I am wondering if Pam Am is gonna keep going? (Since the argument "they" have against the Playboy Club could also describe Pam Am). And I am totally Shocked Whitney was picked up.

LOL, too ironic...I just came to the thread to say I watched last nights episode and I thought it was getting better. Oh, well. 3 episodes and done, too bad.

Usually when a show is cancelled and there are episodes already filmed they are aired as a filler show like on a Saturday night. The fact that NBC has no intention of airing the show at a low rated time or even online must mean they are REALLY embarrassed by the low ratings.

The problem with TV today is that it is all about the biggest ratings AKA profits. If a show is not making the big numbers from day one it is doomed. Years ago the networks gave shows a chance to get their groove, sometimes that meant changing the air date, spending money on a campaign, or sending the actors onto talk shows to promote to show. Now they just cut their losses and look for a new money maker.