RIP HM The Queen - Elizabeth II 1926-2022

The Queen flew by helicopter ( I assume alone ) yesterday to her beloved Sandringham in Norfolk. This is where she traditionally spends Christmas until February but she cancelled her trip this year due to Omicron and stayed in Windsor where she hosted smaller family gatherings than usual.

Sandringham was where her beloved father died 70 years ago and she became Queen so I assume she will spend a few weeks in quiet remembrance of him her mother sister and beloved husband all now passed and lying together and think how her life changed that day and for the next 70 years.

She isn’t staying in the big house she is staying in the more secluded 5 bedroom “cottage “ Wood farm cottage where Philip lived his last few years in quiet retirement and where she would travel by train at weekends to join him - it has stables and a lake and Philip would host parties for his closest friends but also enjoyed solitary painting and reading it made me smile yesterday thinking of her being there this morning in peace abs quiet away from the prying eyes of the world and the cruel words of the media - hopefully she can forget Andrew and Harry even exist for a few weeks

Maybe I've missed it but can someone tell me the title of Angela Kelly's book about the Queen's clothes....TIA:flowers:

The other side of the coin. I got it through our library - it is next up after I finish Andre Leon Talley’s book, which I am really enjoying. There is also a coffee table book by Kelly on the Queen’s Jubilee wardrobe, but that one is nearly $300.

Reactions: gelbergirl