The perfect weekender - reveal!

riiche

O.G.
Jan 11, 2014
I've been debating over getting a handcarry travel bag for a long time. I'm a really picky person and my favourite bag is Balenciaga, but Bals - even with the wonderful leather - get nicked pretty easily so I decided against getting a Weekender. I turned to Longchamp; I had one back in school and it was indestructible, subtle and pretty stylish... all the qualities I needed in a travel bag. But I'm rather hard to please and I wasn't keen on a lot of the colours for the travel-sized Le Pliage.

But! Imagine my excitement when I chanced a brand new Boxford on ebay! I had never seen it before until a few days ago. It's absolutely gorgeous, and the leather corners added durability and a chic factor :biggrin: It's pretty light, too. Only issue is the strap - I'm 4'9 so it's a tad long by my standards (probably perfect for 5'5 onwards!) but I plan to carry by hand. Colour is true to second pic. She's coming with me for every holiday now, for sure. :love:

image_zpsd4981b42.jpeg

image1_zps40358aad.jpeg

A lovely bag, congrats! :smile:
You could take the shoulder strap to your local shoemaker to have it shortened if it feels too long. Won't cost a lot and will make your bag even better.

Very nice bag. Congrats! On a side note, it's nice to catch another petite lady here. I'm between 4'11 to 5'0 (probably 4'11 :P ), so I can relate to your strap issues.

Congrats! Looks good and functional :smile: Like Maice above, I can also relate to the long strap issue, being 5' tall. Hopefully Longchamp makes more bags with adjustable shoulder strap in the future for us petite ladies :smile:

A lovely bag, congrats! :smile:
You could take the shoulder strap to your local shoemaker to have it shortened if it feels too long. Won't cost a lot and will make your bag even better.
Ooh I think I'll do just that! It really would be perfect if I could carry it on the shoulder. The bag hits mid-thigh right now, which is too low if it's filled with so much stuff.

Also, nice to see so many petite ladies here!:hugs:

What a beaut! Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your new bag with us. I simply can't stop looking at it. It really is "PERFECT"!

I'm also on the petite side at 4'11. :P