The perfect neutral? Opinions requested...

joiseygirl

O.G.
Jul 23, 2008
I apologize in advance. I'm not a fan of the "what color should I get" threads and now I'm THAT person.

I thought I had my heart set on an Etoupe B, but that was before I saw Parchemin. Now I'm all messed up! I want a lighter neutral color and Etoupe seemed to fit that bill. I started doubting myself when I realized I've used my Etoupe Bolide less than 10 times. Could be the color, could be the style... Probably a combo of both. I'm thinking a Bolide needs a pop of color, otherwise it has the feel of a more mature bag.

When I saw a Parchemin B my doubt became more of a panic that I'd really regret getting anything else in Etoupe. As you can see, I need some advice!

Do you consider Parchemin too light? Does it fit the "neutral" bill or does it have too much of a yellow undertone in your opinion? Should I bag both and wait for a Gris T???? (yes, I need help!)

As far as Birkins go I already have:
Black box Birkin
Black Togo Birkin
Ebene and Toile Birkin
Barenia and crinoline Birkin
Vache Naturel Birkin
Gold Togo Birkin

I'm not a very colorful person. I have a rouge H Kelly and a rouge VIF Picotin that sit unused and just sold a Brique Birkin because I never used it. So I really need to stay neutral or it'll be a waste of money.

I never thought I'd be this confused over what color purse to get!!!!

I think parchemin would be a beautiful neutral for Spring/Summer. I think it would look gorgeous with white. It is also lighter than the current neutrals that you already own, so it really depends on if your want a more golden undertone like parchemin or a grey undertone like Gris T. Both are beautiful soft/pastel neutrals (if that makes sense.) Is Gris T closer in color to etoupe? If so, I would go parchemin since you don't use your etoupe Bolide much.

I did not think I would ever want an Etoupe bag because I thought it was too plain for me-- until I stumbled upon an Etoupe Jypsiere and fell absolutely in love. It gets tons of use because I think it goes with everything.

I personally would have a harder time matching Parchemin with things, I think; it's a beautiful colour, but Etoupe is more neutral to me, and probably more durable on account of being a little darker. I think you're very right that different bags suit different colours better depending on your personal style, and IMO an Etoupe Birkin is going to look very different to an Etoupe Bolide.

If it were me, I would go for Etoupe in the Birkin (even though I already have it in one bag, I'm considering it in another because I love it so much), and sell the Bolide if you never use it. At the end of the day, though, it really has to be your choice!

Given what you have in your collection already, I agree that you could definitely add something a little lighter. Either Parchemin or Gris T would be a wonderful addition. Personally, I'm not a fan of Parchemin. I find it a little too yellow. I use to own a Parchemin B but sold it cause I found it hard to use. Instead I got a Craie B. I also have a Gris T and find it a great light neutral that can be used year round. I find the Craie too light for winter time.

Yes I definitely agree that a lighter B is in order.

Wenyihsu, I was wondering if Parchemin might be difficult to pull off. That was the problem with the Brique... Gorgeous color but hard as hell to match an outfit to. I definitely don't want to wind up with another bag I can't wear.

Yes I definitely agree that a lighter B is in order.

Wenyihsu, I was wondering if Parchemin might be difficult to pull off. That was the problem with the Brique... Gorgeous color but hard as hell to match an outfit to. I definitely don't want to wind up with another bag I can't wear.
I think it really depends on what colors you generally wear. I tend to lean more towards cool colors (grey, blue, white, etc ...) so I just found that Parchemin looked off against my outfits.

I think parchemin in is amazing simply stunning I very much can not praise his color more for its ease of use and because well....... It's a neutral and yet it's not a basic neutral as etoupe...... May I suggest you take this bag since I believe by your collection and description you will not regret it. If you ever do venture out to color may I suggest rose dragge since it works beautifully as a light color basic. But Back to parch. darling its perfect sooo much more than etoupe or Gris T.

Between those two, parchemin.

Clearly, you like the parchemin more and your impressive collection has the 'neutrals' part taken care of, twice over.

Since you're not a 'pop' fan, parchemin could be a good way to dip your toe into the pop pond.