The perfect manbag (messenger) - need help with an anniversary gift

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. October 24 me and my bf have been together 2 years. I want to get him something to commemorate the occasion.

Last year I got him a nice leather/silver cuff that he adores, so I don't think I want to get him any jewelry. I thought since he does wear a bag from time to time, and his old one is getting quite scuffed (and wasn't very nice in the first place :graucho:) getting him a nice leather bag would be practical, thoughtful and maybe it would make him more understanding when it comes to the bag-situation :lol:.

I've tried to search for one but haven't had much luck in finding one I like and he might like for a reasonable price (under 300$)

Also, if you have any non-bag suggestion, roll them in as well!!

:help:

2. I'd suggest a men's coach messenger bag - they come in all leather and only slightly more than $300 so it fits into your price range.

3. You can check out a Coach Men's Factory Store and get an outlet style for around $150. The outlet styles are almost all classic-like styles.

I have a men's messenger bag from H&M from the Jimmy Choo collection. It was $249. It's quite durable (surprisingly, considering that it's from H&M) and has leather that is VERY thick and very hard to scratch. The style is quite stylish, too. It's not for sale at H&M anymore, but it may be available on Ebay. I recommend this bag as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's the bag on the upper right hand corner of this picture:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Hermes also has a very nice fabulous HisBag...it's like a male version of herbag..

5. Levis do some nice manbags in leather, I was at the outlet recently and quite impressed. Mulberry do them as well but I'm not sure about the price range

6. check out jack spade - his designs are cute. they sometimes pop on Gilt.

7. I actually eyed those, and they were really nice. Will looking to them more!

I'm really liking the Jimmy Choo H&M one! I like it that it has edgy leather. My BF is a guitarist, and he likes his stuff to be a bit rock'n'roll as well :amuse:

Thanks, twboi, angelicjulie and NYC Chicky as well (checked out some Jake Spade and Levi's stuff and spotted some nice ones. Too bad Hermes is a bit out of my price range ;) )

8. Try Cole Haan -- my DH got his leather messenger there and loves it!

9. I found one really nice Cole Haan messenger that I'm contemplating on! TY!

Meanwhile, what do you think about this?

[​IMG]

His backback is in shreds and he's being a typical man, not getting a new one until he officially can't use it anymore. Thought this could be an option for the messenger :smile:

10. Kenneth Cole has a lot of man bags at Nordstrom Rack and well within your price range.

11. Correction: The above should have read that Nordstrom Rack has a lot of Kenneth Cole man bags and well into your price range. LOL! I need to go to sleep.

12. Thanks bagolicious, I seemed to be asleep too, my post was supposed to have a pic :biggrin:

What do you think?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Is he a back pack person to begin with?

14. Yes, he actually carries a backpack more than his bag. And his current backpack is practically in shreds (lining ripped almost off) :P