The perfect Lady Dior !!!!

Oh That is incredible-ok-I will try there too -Is this the bag we were both looking at? I was just too nervous-good for you for taking a chance!!!!

I really lucked out on this one: I had bought my first try, the soft lady dior, from Saks @ full retail, but returned it because it was too small. The second try, the tote was from bluefly and was @$1450 but that was returned as well. I then decided on the classic with black lambskin/silver combo and was going to order it over the phone from Saks (current retail $1950). The SA I deal with was off for a few days, so to pass the time I started looking on ebay. Over the years I've only bought a very small number of bags there, because I am just too nervous and cautious to spend lots of $$ and not be sure what I was getting. I do however like to look on ebay because there are lots of good pics in the listings so it gives you a real good idea of the details of the bag. While browsing, I found a listing for the exact bag I was looking for and it had been authenticated on TPF already. I started communicating with the seller and she turned out to be an absolute doll, 100% trustworthy and the bag looked great. She bought it first hand from Neimans and had all it's cards, bag etc. It arrived and was 100% authentic and perfect. I mean really, truly pristine except for a few light rubs on the handles that you literally have to search to find. The shoulder strap had never even been taken out of it's wrapping. My price? Don't hate me................ $941 !!!! I was bidding against a few others, and stayed up until midnight just to make sure I got it. As much as I'm not a huge fan of buying on ebay, there is also something satisfying about giving a classic, timeless bag a new home (and at a great price). I know that I've sold bags that are in perfect shape, still in style and gorgeous, but just don't make my rotation, and I'd rather pass them on than looking at them sitting unused in my closet. I guess everything just worked out right with the timing and I truly could not be happier with this bag :smile:
OMG, this is increadible price! Congrats! With my personality though, I wouldn't be able to buy on ebay, so have to pay more... Let me know if you ever decide to sell it:sunshine:

Oh That is incredible-ok-I will try there too -Is this the bag we were both looking at? I was just too nervous-good for you for taking a chance!!!!

Not the one we looked at right after the bluefly bags, I think that one was tote size, at least according to the description. I didn't bid on that one because I just could not picture how the bag would be in real life. The body of the bag (if the measurements stated were correct) would have been exactly the same as the bags from bluefly, but the handles were the short flat ones like on the classic, 4 in drop, hand carry only.............just seemed like it wouldn't work. I did watch that auction and I can't remember the exact final price but I believe it was over $1100.

The one I bought I found about a week later, and as it was my first week back to work, with some unexpected travel, I don't think I chatted about it at all on TPF. There is one more auction still active for the same bag. I asked the seller if the shoulder strap was included and I never received the answer. Not any fault of the seller. The bag is being sold on consignment and the seller asked the consigner and had not heard back from her. The seller seemed pretty good and this might be something you'd be interested in (if the consigner would confirm the availablity of the strap). It's the same as the bag I have.
I've posted the link below. The BIN is $1410 but maybe you can make a lower offer, it's been listed for a while....
I've never bought anything from this seller, so I can't personally vouch for them, but the communication was pretty good. I think this was already authenticated here, but NOT SURE so you may want to authenticate again (though it looks good to me) I still have some additional pics (front and back of tag, closeup of zipper pull) that the seller sent me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHRISTIAN-DIOR-...ptZUSQ5fCSAQ5fWHQ5fHandbagsQQsalenotsupported

:yahoo:After I read about your good deal started scouring ebay for one and located a beautiful brand new w/tags White Lambskin:sweatdrop:I am so excited since I did need a white bag and do wear tons of black so this will just be ideal for dinner out or summer functions and at this price if it gets a mark on it will not freak out-Thanks again for sharing your thread w/me-LOL!!!

Aapplegard protector here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!

attachment.php

941 bucks ! OMG CONGRATS! :nuts::yahoo:

I know!! Though, I believe that LVLux did even better with the white bag!! Still, I'm happy because I was prepared to pay full retail and would have done so if the SA had been working the day I called, so............ sometimes things happen for a reason :smile:

I'm not usually on this forum alot, but I have to say for an iconic bag, I'm surprised that the Lady Diors do not hold up in value as much as I expected. I was able to get a brand new white lambskin one from a fellow tPFer for $700 + shipping a couple months ago. Now, I'm just have to get over my fear of using it.

I'm not usually on this forum alot, but I have to say for an iconic bag, I'm surprised that the Lady Diors do not hold up in value as much as I expected. I was able to get a brand new white lambskin one from a fellow tPFer for $700 + shipping a couple months ago. Now, I'm just have to get over my fear of using it.

Congrats on your buy! I had been watching the "pre-owned" prices on these for a while and many if not most sold at a high price, so I think the value holds pretty well. I'm not sure if this is starting to change because of the economy and some sellers are willing to let expensive bags go for less, or it's just been a fluke. Either way, there still doesn't seem to be very many for sale(on auction site and minus the suspicious/possible fakes) at any given time.
By all means, use your gorgeous white bag!!! Something that elegant should be enjoyed :smile:

I really think it just depends upon the day too-10 days ago ebay was Hot & Hoping-my things were selling like hotcakes and then it all slowed down to a slow crawl-They day that I won the bid on my Dior:love: only 3 people had been looking around on my site so I think I was just waiting for the opportunity and when it came leaped on it-That and the fact that The White is probably just not as popular and for good reason!

Congrats on your buy! I had been watching the "pre-owned" prices on these for a while and many if not most sold at a high price, so I think the value holds pretty well. I'm not sure if this is starting to change because of the economy and some sellers are willing to let expensive bags go for less, or it's just been a fluke. Either way, there still doesn't seem to be very many for sale(on auction site and minus the suspicious/possible fakes) at any given time.
By all means, use your gorgeous white bag!!! Something that elegant should be enjoyed :smile:

I remember when I bought mine, there were not that many on bay or bonanzle. I do think I got lucky with the price and condition

I will use it one day... Just not when I'm toting around my 1 1/2 year old :biggrin: