The perfect bag for college campuses...

I'm looking for it. I'm oh so tired of the typical college girl Vera Bradley tote. There always seems to be a sea of Vera Bradley's, Uggs and North Face fleece jackets no matter what campus I'm on.

Anybody have any suggestions or experiences with a certain bag? Obviously functionality is a big deal here, as well as something that's going to weather the North Eastern winter, plus hold a typical college-sized textbook.

While Coach isn't an option for me (I just don't like them,) their totes, I'm sure, hold up well in most situations.

I used a Dooney and Burke signature double handle tote for school. I've had it for six years. I've beaten it up; thrown it around, stuffed it with books, stuffed it in the trunk and basically abused it, and it is still in great condition.

Treesje has nice large leather bags that are great! I've been out of college for a long time but if this company was around then and had bags I would have used them. When I was in school I used LV. LAMB has some great large totes which are functional and different so as to set yourself apart from the rest of the crowd or Rebecca Minkoff has some great messenger leather bags too.

I can't even remember what bag I used in college... but if I were to repeat those years, I'd probably go with a Le Pliage because it's roomy and can take a beating. Plus it comes in so many colors. It's also not too expensive so I don't have to worry about it.

Ah, I wasn't even thinking about the Le Pliage! Thanks, girls!

Does anyone know if the RM MAB makes a good school bag? The full size looks like it could hold my laptop as well as a textbook and a few other things.

i also use a dooney and bourke tote (not a DB fan on usual occasions)....but i have the huge oversized pink zebra tote and i use that....i see a LOT of vera bradley and longchamp on my campus too.

Le Pliage is the new Vera Bradley on campuses though.... not sure which ones you've visited but on my campus, atleast 40-50% of the girls carry them.

Yup...but they're just so darn functional! They're not crazy expensive, you just wipe them down to clean, they're roomy and have a zipper. You can't ask for more for a school bag.

I would go with either a large Dooney and Bourke tote, like a Chiara - or go with a large Orla Kiely bag. If I had known about Orla Kiely in college I wouldn't have had my Vera Bradley tote for sure. I agree that the Longchamp secret is out and there are too many out there now.