The Perfect Bag, Attainable or Not?

The perfect bag is unattainable as no bag will ever satisfy all my needs. I need many things for different purposes.
For instance I need a day bag to wear when shopping groceries, walking the dog, go for some ice cream, and travel light. It has to be roomy - but not big - ,leave my hands free, durable, and sporty but girly... Hello! thats a Longchamp.
That can go a long way, it depends on your lifestyle, your budget, and of course your daily needs. I 'd hate to buy a bag that gathers dust... I 'd rather pay a crazy sum of money for something that I will carry daily, and for the rest of my life.

The closest I've found is my Gerard Darel bag. It's very simple and slouchy, but it fits everything I need, is super light and I love the style. It's definitely a more casual bag and too big for a night on the town. But for me, it's the perfect every-day bag.

Well, I've settled on black being the most versatile color. Leather def. Since Kimmie got that beautiful Bottega Veneta (which I LOVE, btw) I guess that's out.

But I've wanted a quilted black bag forever...do you think these will go out of style?

How bout this Versace?

p11441127_ph_hero.jpg

http://eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=11441127&SectionID=9000

It's on Bluefly for $1380, which is a bit of a deal.
This is a beautiful bag, but I think patent might get tired after awhile. I've been considering a patent quilted one on NAP too. This one by Roberto Cavalli for $1790.

index.jpg

For me it finally happened. This is a bag I have dreamed of having for about 2-3 years now. Its by Bottega Veneta and is no longer made. I actually got totally lucky and now my dream has come true!!! I will be receiving it in the next few days. WOOOOOHOOOOOO!
jennifer-aniston-sushi-roku-03.jpg

That's a totally great example! That bag was made a few years ago and it's still so highly sought after (actually it's kind of a Holy Grail among BV bags!). :drool:

The perfect bag is unattainable as no bag will ever satisfy all my needs. I need many things for different purposes.

Oh, yeah. I know what you mean. I have a bag I wear to the mall that's lightweight & big, and there are bags for different purposes and different seasons.But i'm looking for the one that satisfies the soul...the perfect bag that will weather fads & still look wonderful when worn. An investment that won't be passe' in a year.

For instance I need a day bag to wear when shopping groceries, walking the dog, go for some ice cream, and travel light. It has to be roomy - but not big - ,leave my hands free, durable, and sporty but girly... Hello! thats a Longchamp.

Longchamp has some great bags! Have you seen the current offerings? I've seen a few in the fashion mags & they are truly classics (all BIG!)

That can go a long way, it depends on your lifestyle, your budget, and of course your daily needs. I 'd hate to buy a bag that gathers dust... I 'd rather pay a crazy sum of money for something that I will carry daily, and for the rest of my life.

And that's my problem; I have a ton of bags gathering dust & would be happy to make an major investment in a classic that i'll actually use!!!

I love the stella and I hate that it seems so hard to find them now. I have been looking for the perfect bag forever but if I found it I wouldn't need to keep looking at bags! I would love to see this BV bag, the photo isn't showing up for me.

< My lips purse is kind of small, but it really forces me to narrow down what I really need and cut all the crap out. I absolutely love it. It has been there for me for the winter, spring, summer and fall.

haha.. thanks everyone for the compliments.

The stella is definitely not a light bag... not too heavy.. fits comfortably on the shoulder... the front pockets are really convenient.. plus they unzip to make it just an open top tote... or it can be a top zip for more security.. i'd love to haveone in every color...
haha, maybe one day... so far I've got my pinks and blacks covered. ;)

This is a beautiful bag, but I think patent might get tired after awhile. I've been considering a patent quilted one on NAP too. This one by Roberto Cavalli for $1790.

index.jpg

I Love the hand carry model! The shoulder Versace would be work better for me, though. And I went ahead & ordered it at a 22% discount.

Patent will always come back into style, & both these quilted bags are time honored designs that have remained in fashion. What I'm wondering is, will the quilted leather remain a classic, or just a trend?