The PEARL Lovers Thread!

PP has high quality pearls & great customer service as does Cees & David Norman. They will work with you to get the look you wants for the best price.
Hi @cdtracing! I think @880 was asking for me, so thank you both very much!! I wonder if you have an opinion on something - how do top quality pearls, like hanadamas from PP, compare to AAA at mikimoto? Thanks so much!!

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
Hi @cdtracing! I think @880 was asking for me, so thank you both very much!! I wonder if you have an opinion on something - how do top quality pearls, like hanadamas from PP, compare to AAA at mikimoto? Thanks so much!!
Hanadamas I prefer to view in person. (just my preference) while I love Mikimoto, you have to remember that you're paying for the name. I have also been told that Mikimoto no longer farms its own pearls & purchases from farms, wholesalers, auctions & such just like everyone else. PP has beautiful hanadamas that ,in my opinion, are just as nice as Mikimoto. It really depends on what you think of name branding .

Hanadamas I prefer to view in person. (just my preference) while I love Mikimoto, you have to remember that you're paying for the name. I have also been told that Mikimoto no longer farms its own pearls & purchases from farms, wholesalers, auctions & such just like everyone else. PP has beautiful hanadamas that ,in my opinion, are just as nice as Mikimoto. It really depends on what you think of name branding .
Thank you. I think if I can get the same quality pearls for less $$, I do not care about the name brand...

I have several times. Only one purchase that I wasn't super happy with and it was tahitian studs I just didn't feel were the best match in color. All of the other ones I have been pleased with. If you reach out to them they will send you pictures of different options so you can choose your color tones that you want, etc. Customer service is good.

Yes, I have bought five pairs of various pearl stud earrings over the years. I think their pearls are very nice quality, their prices are excellent, and they ship quickly. The jewelry arrives nicely boxed with a cleaning cloth and a pearl grading certificate. I have recommended Pearl Paradise to many friends and family members.
I love pearls!

I bought a pair of pearl studs from them about a year ago. Quality was good, so was price. Their customer service sent me several photos of pearl studs that I could choose from when I requested a specific hue. I would buy from them again.

Reactions: sophiegray
Oh wow. I’m so glad to hear many good things about Pearl Paradise. I just googled pearl jewelry and their store showed up. Now the next thing to do is to learn more about pearls. I do not know if I want freshadama, south sea, tahitian or akoya.

Last edited: