The PEARL Lovers Thread!

Neck shot in jammies...because who doesn't wear pearls with pajamas?
25hof11.jpg
2d0ji1h.jpg
The photos don't do the pearls justice. This strand is much better quality than the first one I purchased online. It's also extra special since I got to pick it out with my sister on my birthday!
Gorgeous!! They look lovely!! I think pearls go great with PJ's!!!!

Neck shot in jammies...because who doesn't wear pearls with pajamas?
25hof11.jpg
2d0ji1h.jpg
The photos don't do the pearls justice. This strand is much better quality than the first one I purchased online. It's also extra special since I got to pick it out with my sister on my birthday!

Thanks for posting pics! I've been looking forward to your pics since the day you posted :biggrin: Glad you found a strand you love more than your first one! Congrats and happy birthday!

I'm going to take the first one apart and restring it with a few of the not so great pearls removed. I think I'll shorten it so I can wear the two together. I really am in love with my new strand. It has drops and circles...my favorites!

Reactions: SmokieDragon
When my sis and I were at the Jewelry Mart, we saw the most gorgeous necklace made of ruby beads and one huge SSP. My sister decided to order some rubies from India. She gave me two strands and now I am going to try to make something similar to the necklace we saw. Of course I am going to tweak it a bit. I just ordered some Beader's Secret so once that comes, I'll attempt to make it. Ladies, stringing is super easy!

Thanks so much! Since I had my stringing supplies out, I decided to restring my Sakura pearls and switch out the clasp once again. I really like this fish hook clasp. Its bigger and easier to use.
2wom1c7.jpg

I love fish hook clasps! I have one on a 5.5-6mm Akoya strand and it is easy to use. Your Sakura pearls look amazing - I really thought they were Akoyas! The gold clasp also brings another dimension to the necklace!

I must get round to learning how to string - my Sakura pearls need a bigger clasp too! Do you have any special tools or equipment?

I love fish hook clasps! I have one on a 5.5-6mm Akoya strand and it is easy to use. Your Sakura pearls look amazing - I really thought they were Akoyas! The gold clasp also brings another dimension to the necklace!

I must get round to learning how to string - my Sakura pearls need a bigger clasp too! Do you have any special tools or equipment?
On pearl-guide.com
there is a sub forum called the Lowly Beader's Club. They have links to youtube videos and tell you what you need. Basically I went on etsy, ordered needles, thread, and French wire. Then I went on RioGrande.com and ordered clasps. I watched a few videos, took a deep breath, took a strand of pearls apart and began. It takes a few times before you get the hang of it, but totally worth the savings and feeling of accomplishment!
Here is a link to Pattye's etsy store to order supplies. She even has a beginner's set.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/PatriciaSaabDesigns?ref=l2-shopheader-name&section_id=22819698

On pearl-guide.com
there is a sub forum called the Lowly Beader's Club. They have links to youtube videos and tell you what you need. Basically I went on etsy, ordered needles, thread, and French wire. Then I went on RioGrande.com and ordered clasps. I watched a few videos, took a deep breath, took a strand of pearls apart and began. It takes a few times before you get the hang of it, but totally worth the savings and feeling of accomplishment!
Here is a link to Pattye's etsy store to order supplies. She even has a beginner's set.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/PatriciaSaabDesigns?ref=l2-shopheader-name&section_id=22819698

Thanks so much! Will check this out :biggrin: Am so eager to learn