The PEARL Lovers Thread!

Of course! I got my strand from Pearl Paradise. They have a lot of choice and each strand has its own site i.e. the strand in the photo is the one you'll get. I nearly went crazy deciding haha!

After my purchase from Pearl Paradise, I also discovered tahitianpearls.biz and pearloasis.com which have a lot of Tahitians but for someone based in Asia, international buying is not easy on the former and international shipping is expensive on the latter. But since you're in the US, no issues so you may want to check those out too.
thanks! I actually purchased my Tahitians from PearlOasis. Your strand is so lovely. I've been stalking PearlParadise for months!

Reactions: cdtracing
thanks! I actually purchased my Tahitians from PearlOasis. Your strand is so lovely. I've been stalking PearlParadise for months!

Oic and thanks so much! Well my strand was the result of stalking too haha! Have you signed up for emails with Pearl Paradise? Then you will get to know when they have their monthly promotions. Another reason why I like PP is they give us Pearl Points which is effectively a 10% rebate. They also send me emails to review my purchases and by doing so, they give me 1000 pearl points which has a value of $10. Excellent! https://www.pearlparadise.com/pages/welcome-to-the-loyalty-program

Went to dinner with DH & some friends. Wore my SS octopus enhancer along with white pearl dangle earrings & white SS pearl ring. I recently found this necklace way back in the safe. I haven't worn it since the 90's & forgot I even had it.

View attachment 3877556

Looking great!

My heart skipped a beat when I first read "necklace, safe, 1990s" then I realised you're not talking about a pearl necklace but a gold necklace haha

Happy about this double-strand bracelet I managed to snag for a good price this weekend

View attachment 3877712
Beautiful, SD! I just love getting pearl bargains. As far as a 90's pearl necklace, I got my 22" 7-7.5 mm Japanese Akoya necklace during that time. It still has the fish hook clasp so when the time comes, I'm changing the clasp to something easier to manage. In fact, I'll probably do that to all my strands over time. Right now, the only one that needs restringing is my 20" Akoya.

Went to dinner with DH & some friends. Wore my SS octopus enhancer along with white pearl dangle earrings & white SS pearl ring. I recently found this necklace way back in the safe. I haven't worn it since the 90's & forgot I even had it.

View attachment 3877556
Where can I get a magic safe that has treasures buried in the back??? Your necklace is so cute with the little octo baby.
I also loved your Tahitian combo the other day.

Where can I get a magic safe that has treasures buried in the back??? Your necklace is so cute with the little octo baby.
I also loved your Tahitian combo the other day.

Thanks, TXLV!! We really do need to clean out & reorganize that safe. The other 2 are fine but the big one has become a catch all with DH putting things in there saying he's going to organize it later. I do put jewelry in it when the other 2 are full. There's no telling what's hidden in it. :biggrin: We use it for when we go out of town for a couple of weeks or so. It's bolted to the concrete floor so it's not going anywhere.

Thanks, TXLV!! We really do need to clean out & reorganize that safe. The other 2 are fine but the big one has become a catch all with DH putting things in there saying he's going to organize it later. I do put jewelry in it when the other 2 are full. There's no telling what's hidden in it. :biggrin: We use it for when we go out of town for a couple of weeks or so. It's bolted to the concrete floor so it's not going anywhere.

I really do need to get a safe. Question CD, do you put water in with your pearls? I was told not to put pearls in a safe, because they can dry out. I have left them in plastic baggies when moving, which I’m sure is just as bad.

Reactions: cdtracing