The PEARL Lovers Thread!

Hi fellows pearl lovers! Can anyone help me find a strand of large baroque pearls with keshi extensions? I ran across this image on eBay the other day, which is attached to a listing that I am 100% aware is too good to be true (listed for $29.99 ... :hrmm:) BUT I am in love with this look! Where can I get something like this from a reputable dealer? I haven't had much luck with Google searches but maybe I am not inputting the right words?
Thanks in advance!
View attachment 3827016
Also, check out catherine cardellini's site. Love her stuff.

Try Wen Pearls in etsy. She has a lot of listing and prices are good. Also, if you like a particular strand you can msg her to make it as a necklace for you. She does not charge for knotting but you have to buy the clasp separately. Also, you can select individual pairs from her earring listing (about 15 pairs so that it will be 30 total) and ask her to full drill them and make into a necklace. Select AAA quality, else the pearls may not turn out to be very lustrous.
Kongs Pearl in etsy is also very good but pricier than Wen Pearls.

THANK YOU! This is exactly what I was looking for. I love that I can ask her to make it a specific length.

Reactions: JenW and suchi
Well, I got distracted by jewelry again instead of doing work ... :angel:
Instead of buying more of ALL OF THE PEARLS, I decided to play around and see if I can figure out some new ways to wear what's already in my collection. So, for your viewing pleasure, here are a few of the stacks/ combinations I came up with (and a few pictures of some of my pretties on their own, just for fun!)!

Let's start with my pride and joy, the Tahitians my husband bought for me in Shanghai:
IMG_20170917_135557.jpg
My babies stacked with a white FW strand that I twisted:
IMG_20170917_135417.jpg

A triple-layered strand of small silver FW baroque/ blisters:
IMG_20170917_135725.jpg
The silver and white strands twisted together (sorry for the blurry):
IMG_20170917_135844.jpg
The silver twisted with a strand of pink FW:
IMG_20170917_140444.jpg
The pink twisted with an 18" strand of (dyed) gold baroque FW:
IMG_20170917_140914.jpg
The gold with the white (needs a tighter twist but you get the idea):
IMG_20170917_141113.jpg
And the pink layered with a classic strand that my parents gave me for my 16th birthday (not so sure about this combo):
IMG_20170917_141940.jpg

I am excited because I think that these new ways to wear my collection will keep me from buying a million new necklaces in the coming months. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_20170917_135417.jpg
    IMG_20170917_135417.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 421
Clinn236: your combos are so fun. The Ts are to die for! I've just started layering my pearls as well. I have quite a few pearl necklaces in my wish section on Catherine Cardellini's site. I love her stuff. My birthday is coming up so I'm playing around with which strands I might purchase. Please show us your Wen pearls if you decide to purchase from her. I'm curious about the quality. I ordered a necklace from another etsy seller and basically got what I paid for!

Clinn236..... That tahitian strand.... OMG.... Fabulous!!!!!!!

TXLVlove please share your Catherine Cardellini purchases. I have a plain keshi strand and matching earrings from her and they are my go to pieces. I had purchased from Wen Pearls. Some were great and some (very inexpensive ones) not so great. But I have only purchased freshwater pearls from her. Here are few pairs of earrings from Wen in sterling and 18k gold posts that I wear often. All were below USD 50 (even the ones with gold posts).

Attachments

• IMG_20161226_084656.jpg
    IMG_20161226_084656.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_20161127_112454.jpg
    IMG_20161127_112454.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_20161127_111745.jpg
    IMG_20161127_111745.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 428
I need help from all the Pearl Lovers here!!!
My mom's birthday is coming soon and she said she would like a pearl necklace. She's in her 60's and a conservative dresser...what size do you recommend?

Please help!!! :confused1: :flowers:
It will depend on her style. She likes subtle and dainty or huge pieces. Personally I like pearl strands of 7.5-8mm size. If you are going for freshwater look for the freshadama range of pearl paradise.

My mom's birthday is coming soon and she said she would like a pearl necklace. She's in her 60's and a conservative dresser...what size do you recommend?

My mom is an older lady...;)She wears a strand of baroque Tahitians, I would say she is a conservative dresser. I think the baroque offers a little less formality to a conservative dresser.:flowers:This is a similair pic to what she has. IHTH!!:flowers:baroque-tahitian-pearls.jpg

My mom is an older lady...;)She wears a strand of baroque Tahitians, I would say she is a conservative dresser. I think the baroque offers a little less formality to a conservative dresser.:flowers:This is a similair pic to what she has. IHTH!!:flowers:View attachment 3828108
How about a golden south sea or a blue baroque akoya strand? Like these
http://www.pearlsofjoy.com/18-Baroque-Blue-Akoya-Pearl-Necklace-85--90mm-AA_p_1037.html

http://www.pearlsofjoy.com/18-Round-Golden-South-Sea-Pearl-Necklace-90-116mm--AAAAA_p_1053.html

You can also see various one of a kind strands in Kojima pearls and catherine cardellini's sites.

If she's a conservative dresser, I would recommend Akoya. Tahitians or South Seas would be lovely as well. It would depend on whether she likes rounds or baroque, circlé or smooth & does she want a single strand or a double/triple strand. For the size, unless she is a very petite woman, 8-10mm. Round, smooth pearls have a more formal feel while baroque, Keshi, circlé, & ripples have a more casual, fun feel. Depending on the look she wants would be a deciding factor for a pearl necklace. I'm over 60 & I have all types from smooth round Akoya to SS & Tahitians to freshwater; single strands & double/triple strands. I mix them up depending on the look & what I'm wearing. I will say that my go to pearls are my Tahitians. I love the richness of the colors & the luster is luxurious!

Well, I got distracted by jewelry again instead of doing work ... :angel:
Instead of buying more of ALL OF THE PEARLS, I decided to play around and see if I can figure out some new ways to wear what's already in my collection. So, for your viewing pleasure, here are a few of the stacks/ combinations I came up with (and a few pictures of some of my pretties on their own, just for fun!)!

Let's start with my pride and joy, the Tahitians my husband bought for me in Shanghai:
View attachment 3827346
My babies stacked with a white FW strand that I twisted:
View attachment 3827345

A triple-layered strand of small silver FW baroque/ blisters:
View attachment 3827337
The silver and white strands twisted together (sorry for the blurry):
View attachment 3827338
The silver twisted with a strand of pink FW:
View attachment 3827339
The pink twisted with an 18" strand of (dyed) gold baroque FW:
View attachment 3827341
The gold with the white (needs a tighter twist but you get the idea):
View attachment 3827342
And the pink layered with a classic strand that my parents gave me for my 16th birthday (not so sure about this combo):
View attachment 3827343

I am excited because I think that these new ways to wear my collection will keep me from buying a million new necklaces in the coming months. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Clinn236, your combinations are wonderful. I do this a lot with my long strands. I love a torsadé!!

@TXLVlove, @suchi, @cdtracing, Thank you! The T's are the nicest pearls that I have so I was not so sure about combining them with some of my less-perfect pieces, but I think it actually draws attention to their beauty.

I'm obsessing over Tahitians right now. I love my new strand but have only worn it a few times to school (I'm a teacher). cdtracing: do you ever wear your Ts with white pearl earrings?
My T's came with a matching pair of Tahitian studs (8.5 mm), but I never wear them with the strand, nor can I recall ever wearing my white studs with my T's. I usually pair the strand with diamond studs, silver studs or drops, or a pair of black enamel hoops. I usually pair them with white metal, and my other color pearls with yellow or rose gold (I prefer these to white metals but for some reason am not brave enough to try to pair gold with the T's).

However, I did just purchase two pairs of 4-5 mm FW studs, one white and one black, which I have been wearing in my second piercing quite often lately.