The PEARL Lovers Thread!

We went out to dinner and at a nearby table there was a young lady, maybe 20ish, wearing huge white pearl studs. At first I thought they were too big for her ears, but then I thought no, the casual look is just right. She was wearing cut-offs and a T, and carrying what looked like a designer bag with a structured shape. Thanks to the nifty bag and the pearl studs she looked very pulled together, even though she was wearing cut offs. Can't explain it but she did.

Do you think pearls have that effect, of making one look more polished even when wearing a T? I do, but I'm a pearl freak with a radar for pearls so my judgment is naturally skewed in this regard.

We went out to dinner and at a nearby table there was a young lady, maybe 20ish, wearing huge white pearl studs. At first I thought they were too big for her ears, but then I thought no, the casual look is just right. She was wearing cut-offs and a T, and carrying what looked like a designer bag with a structured shape. Thanks to the nifty bag and the pearl studs she looked very pulled together, even though she was wearing cut offs. Can't explain it but she did.

Do you think pearls have that effect, of making one look more polished even when wearing a T? I do, but I'm a pearl freak with a radar for pearls so my judgment is naturally skewed in this regard.

I'm a Pearl Freak too, BPS, & I wear pearls with everything, including jeans, shorts, & tshirts. Personally, I think pearls give a more polished look to any outfit, whether casual or fancy.:biggrin:

What you got? Please tell.

Dish the tea, please. :graucho:

Well, I have a bracelet coming, my first! Lines of pearls with a rhodium plated clasp. I'm interested to see if it's a stand alone piece or can be stacked.

There's a pair of simple drop earrings. Quite large but imperfect pearls. If I feel the imperfections give them character then I'll be wearing them, but if they just look a bit tired then I'll look for something more expensive.
I prefer long earrings on myself though.

Lastly, a 63" long rope! Looking to wear this very casually (which is why I went for inexpensive pearls). If it gets bashed or my kids play with it, it won't matter as much.

The thing I'm most excited about is all of these items are using natural grey pearls. I've only ever had white before, but I'm hoping these will pop against my very fair skin :smile:

My favorite charm bracelet- southsea and tahitian pearls with diamond.View attachment 3795743

Details:
View attachment 3795745

Thanks for letting me share.

I love :love: this bracelet & how the diamonds are accented on the pearls. I've looked at several Tahitian/South Sea charm bracelets but haven't found one that really speaks to me. I saw one a couple of years ago & really regret not buying it. It was incredibly expensive because it was loaded with Tahitians & I couldn't justify the expense. I probably won't find another one like it.:sad:

I apologise for the poor quality ear/neck shots. I'll get some clearer ones with my other half's better phone camera!
Couldn't resist trying them all today just at home (hence the mega casual, messy hair!)

I love the style of the 63" strand with the teeny little barely developed pearls, and I wore it doubled it up like this, then knotted just below the cleavage. I liked this more casual look for day time.

IMG_1001.JPG IMG_1002.JPG

I'm happy with the inexpensive earrings. The surface unevenness is attractive in a rippled, dreamy way rather than looking pitted, damaged or dull.

The bracelet is darker and the pearls may be dyed, I'm not sure. But I love the colour against my pale skin and with my jades :smile: It's a good fit, too.

IMG_0994.JPG IMG_0989.JPG

Happy with my pearl haul (but the itch is far from scratched lol). I'd forgotten just how much I love them!! :biggrin: Even just handling them and feeling their lovely weight :smile:

I apologise for the poor quality ear/neck shots. I'll get some clearer ones with my other half's better phone camera!
Couldn't resist trying them all today just at home (hence the mega casual, messy hair!)

I love the style of the 63" strand with the teeny little barely developed pearls, and I wore it doubled it up like this, then knotted just below the cleavage. I liked this more casual look for day time.

View attachment 3799113 View attachment 3799114

I'm happy with the inexpensive earrings. The surface unevenness is attractive in a rippled, dreamy way rather than looking pitted, damaged or dull.

The bracelet is darker and the pearls may be dyed, I'm not sure. But I love the colour against my pale skin and with my jades :smile: It's a good fit, too.

View attachment 3799112 View attachment 3799111

Happy with my pearl haul (but the itch is far from scratched lol). I'd forgotten just how much I love them!! :biggrin: Even just handling them and feeling their lovely weight :smile:
Your pearls look great, Nexiv!! The color looks fabulous against your skin tone! And I can't get over how beautiful :loveeyes: the bracelet looks with your Jade bangles!!!! Great looks & additions to your jewelry wardrobe!!

Hi, I have a Mikimoto bracelet and recently noticed some pearls are scratched. Does anybody know whether Mikimoto can replace the scratched pearls? I searched online, but could not find any details.
Thank you so much! :heart:

Yes they can. They will match it perfectly. I would suggest you take it to a Mikimoto boutique or if there is not one near you, mail it to the NYC store. I usually mail mine to NYC as I do not have a boutique near me. I would NOT take it to your local jeweler to repair. It needs to be done by Mikimoto and while they can send it in for you, why let them be the middle man? And don't let them say they can match it for you or restring.

I usually write a letter to Mikimoto with exactly what I want and mail it with my pearls. They will contact you by phone and give you an estimate and if you approve, they will do the work.

Price will be determined by the grade and size of your pearl of course. You may also want to take this opportunity to restring them as well. Restringing is priced by the inch.

Good luck.