The PEARL Lovers Thread!

I have akoya pearl studs from PP and although they are beautiful, they are not Mikimoto quality. There are quite a few people who would insist they are, but they are not. I always wanted Mikimoto. And I will eventually get it. Too bad I was influenced by pearl paradise "not so true" ad. I went to a store and compared mine to Mikimoto, the same quality. There is a big difference. I need to follow my own advise, and trust myself. Not pushy advertisers.

That's great to know. When I was planning to buy my mikimoto, there was thread that says it's comparable. The only thing that stops me is that I'm from Oz and the shipping would have been the same, and it would cost so much to return if I did not end up liking them. So glad that I've picked mikimoto. :smile:

Stunning! Pearls with a detailed clasp are fabulous.

That's great to know. When I was planning to buy my mikimoto, there was thread that says it's comparable. The only thing that stops me is that I'm from Oz and the shipping would have been the same, and it would cost so much to return if I did not end up liking them. So glad that I've picked mikimoto. :smile:

I think you will love your Mikimoto. It is the same as Chanel bag. You can buy as many look alike (and I am not talking fakes here, just similar styles), you still need a real thing. Even if the people around you keep whispering "they are the same thing". Just trust yourself. I know what I like, and I will get it next time. :graucho:
I had good purchases and awful purchases from pearl paradise. They don't show the actual item they sell. You need to ask for pictures (like I am supposed to know it is just stock photos, and not the actual merchandise). They enhance pictures. I had copy of one of the item I purchased and they enhance it to look good on a pic, it did not even look anywhere how it come to me. It was the last purchase I made from them. They use light box. When you will get your pearls, you will wonder for months, how did they manage to sell you the color you can't find on your pearls.
It may be adventurous and you may win, but I learned it is pretty much a roulette with them.
Again, why would I need personal assistance each time I make a purchase? Some people like it. I like the product. I do care about history of the product, not somebody else's taste to choose for me. :smile:

I think you will love your Mikimoto. It is the same as Chanel bag. You can buy as many look alike (and I am not talking fakes here, just similar styles), you still need a real thing. Even if the people around you keep whispering "they are the same thing". Just trust yourself. I know what I like, and I will get it next time. :graucho:
I had good purchases and awful purchases from pearl paradise. They don't show the actual item they sell. You need to ask for pictures (like I am supposed to know it is just stock photos, and not the actual merchandise). They enhance pictures. I had copy of one of the item I purchased and they enhance it to look good on a pic, it did not even look anywhere how it come to me. It was the last purchase I made from them. They use light box. When you will get your pearls, you will wonder for months, how did they manage to sell you the color you can't find on your pearls.
It may be adventurous and you may win, but I learned it is pretty much a roulette with them.
Again, why would I need personal assistance each time I make a purchase? Some people like it. I like the product. I do care about history of the product, not somebody else's taste to choose for me. :smile:

I have to admit that I honestly think Mikimoto pearl quality is the same as the best at Pearl Paradise. I have seen both and that is the opinion I have formed. If I were going to buy just a basic pair of studs I'd buy from Pearl Paradise. A pair of 11mm golden SS studs is almost 8K at Mikimoto but it's $950 at PP.

The only way Mikimoto would be worth the price to me, is if I were to choose a unique special design. These earrings can't be found anywhere else and are, in my opinion, worth the price!
mea10164adxw.jpg
mea10016adxz_1.jpg

Has anybody ever bravely purchased pearls on that certain online auction website? There is one seller ( au.pearls, I think) from china that seems to sell a lot. I can't imagine the pearls are real or the same as the ones pictured for those prices.
I think they sell only south seas.