The PEARL Lovers Thread!

I'm not sure with all the different colors. Maybe gray, forest or black. Any thoughts???
Since it is a multi color strand, you ocan always stay safe with a silver grey color. Or, depending on the color orient, you could go with a color that pulls out & compliments the color play in the orient. It's a beautiful strand so I'm sure it will look awesome with what ever color you choose.

Reactions: TXLVlove
Since it is a multi color strand, you ocan always stay safe with a silver grey color. Or, depending on the color orient, you could go with a color that pulls out & compliments the color play in the orient. It's a beautiful strand so I'm sure it will look awesome with what ever color you choose.
I pulled out three different colors from Pattye: Forest(dark green), black, and Storm (gray). I'm leaning towards gray. The good thing is if I don't like it I can always change the thread. This is one of the things I love about pearls. You can redesign them on a whim!

I pulled out three different colors from Pattye: Forest(dark green), black, and Storm (gray). I'm leaning towards gray. The good thing is if I don't like it I can always change the thread. This is one of the things I love about pearls. You can redesign them on a whim!

These are beautiful and I'm already looking forward to your neck shots :biggrin: I would go with Storm or just plain Gray. I've used Gray so far on my Tahitian strands from Cees and Wen :biggrin:

Reactions: TXLVlove
I won a beautiful strand of actual natural pearls on ebay and have been waiting for them to arrive. They had pink iridecense and I was so excited. Got an email from ebays global shipping program that they are restricted and won’t ship. I got a refund, though am crushed, but it went on to say the seller isn’t getting them back either. WTF? What is restricted about pearls? Had the seller done their own shipping rather that ebays global system would this have happened? So so weird. I am just cursed with trying to buy naturals.

They came From Britain.

That's really terrible and horribly unfair! I've had pearlescence from the UK ship a necklace and earrings to me before and they arrived ok in my home country in Asia

Reactions: cdtracing
The first of my pearl-a-palooza items arrived today. This was supposed to one of two natural strands but strand one was confiscated by the UK shipper. This one came from New Zealand. TBH I didn’t comprehend how small a 4.5 mm non round pearl was.

At 16” it is wearable bu not quite the statement piece I expected.

Against Manila folder
D101BFBB-B3DB-4EEE-B8D5-ECEA1B7D5D84.jpeg

White paper
6C5B80B7-6D3F-45B8-BBD2-5B9B8FFF79F9.jpeg

On me
130132C4-6C06-406A-A8E4-100747E908A1.jpeg

That's really terrible and horribly unfair! I've had pearlescence from the UK ship a necklace and earrings to me before and they arrived ok in my home country in Asia

I found out Scottish river pearls,which these were probably not, can only be sold by those with a license. There is no way they had them tested that fast so I assume the global shipper had a black and white no naturals shipped rule. Had the seller done their own shipping or not written natural I think this would be a non issue.

It's pretty but if you want it longer, you can wait til you find another strand the same size & color & combine the two.

My issue is more the pearl size than the length. They are really small

After the first strand was jailed lol and this strand was about a day away from my filing a no arrival with my CC company they took so long to get to me, I did a layaway on a strand from the 1920s whose center pearl is a mm bigger to make sure I got a natural strand. After seeing these I am considering abandoning the payments on the 1920s one. I’d rather eat $200 than pay the full amount for another strand of tiny pearls. But it does have a pretty diamond clasp. Not sure what to do.

I’m so sorry you gals pearl got confiscated. I love natural pearls too. Have you gals ever looked into Karipearls.com ? She carries quite a collection of all kinds of natural pearls. You may find something there you might like.

Can any of you gals recommend someone to me that can make a pendant out of a pearl I have? It’s a pretty big natural baroque south sea pearl that I’ve had for many years and would really love to do something with it now. I would appreciate any suggestions [emoji4]