The PEARL Lovers Thread!

I was already waiting on two strands and yesterday ordered an antique pearl pendant and then a Kasumi pendant from Sakura. Antique Pendant not cheap. I blame Marie Antoinette and her $36 million pearl drop that made me drool.
Well....good for you!!! Can't wait to see all your loot! I wanted to buy some Vietnamese blue Akoya from PP but can't access the VIP site & looks like they're all sold now. So I went & bought a blue Akoya rope elsewhere. They're not Vietnamese but they looked good in the pics. I'll post pics when they get here.

Reactions: SmokieDragon
Well....good for you!!! Can't wait to see all your loot! I wanted to buy some Vietnamese blue Akoya from PP but can't access the VIP site & looks like they're all sold now. So I went & bought a blue Akoya rope elsewhere. They're not Vietnamese but they looked good in the pics. I'll post pics when they get here.

Their VIP sale was kind of messed up. A lot of us received the entry email a half hour late and they had the 5 most expensive things available right off with the affordable stuff turning up later in the night. Fine if you live on the West coast but I am in PA and get up at 6 for work so I missed most of it because I had to go to bed. They didn’t make it clear that more would appear later either.

Reactions: cdtracing
Their VIP sale was kind of messed up. A lot of us received the entry email a half hour late and they had the 5 most expensive things available right off with the affordable stuff turning up later in the night. Fine if you live on the West coast but I am in PA and get up at 6 for work so I missed most of it because I had to go to bed. They didn’t make it clear that more would appear later either.
The whole thing was confusing & frustrating. I wound up going elsewhere. Not worth the hassle.

Reactions: SmokieDragon
Just got back from the Jewelry district in downtown LA. My sister and I sat in the manager’s office at Continental Pearl ( Etsy) and drooled over all the amazing strands. He had them in boxes and bags all over the floor, shelves, and vault. I had a hard time deciding. Way too many choices. It was a bit overwhelming but in a good way. I wound up choosing a multicolored Tahitian strand. I have to wait until I get home to string it so when I get it completed this week I’ll post a pic. The stuff he has on Etsy doesn’t come close to the really good stuff he has on site. The Ssp were amazing gumballs of beauty. We were in heaven. Time to start saving for a statement strand!

Just got back from the Jewelry district in downtown LA. My sister and I sat in the manager’s office at Continental Pearl ( Etsy) and drooled over all the amazing strands. He had them in boxes and bags all over the floor, shelves, and vault. I had a hard time deciding. Way too many choices. It was a bit overwhelming but in a good way. I wound up choosing a multicolored Tahitian strand. I have to wait until I get home to string it so when I get it completed this week I’ll post a pic. The stuff he has on Etsy doesn’t come close to the really good stuff he has on site. The Ssp were amazing gumballs of beauty. We were in heaven. Time to start saving for a statement strand!

Congrats! Can’t wait to see your multi strand.

Did he have and round goldens? Or a golden and white SS rope? I would love a rope like that.