The Palermo or Galliera or Saleya..?!?!

Vertical

Aug 13, 2009
I have shortlised my choice to palermo, galliera or saleya. I need a classic piece which is durable and can be used as my every day bag.

Does the microfibre inside the galliera get dirty easily... coz I would be throwing a lot of stuff in it as my everyday bag.

Is the palermo durable...?

I think the saleya is good formal office peice, but as my first LV I wanted something in mono.

total confusion, gals what do you recommend.

Last edited:
My vote goes for Palermo. I think it's great bag!
Not big fan of Saleya, and Galliera is great but don't know after how much time gold plate will tarnish etc..
So Palermo gets my vote.

Galliera. I can't say enough good things about this bag. It is very comfy on my shoulder, I love how it looks with my stuff inside and I use a purse organizer just as an added protector for the inside and it works great!

The only thing I have been concerned about with the palermo is the short straps rubbing on blue jeans and color transfer. I have wanted that bag too but because I wear alot of jeans in the fall/winter and i can see it happen. My vote is for the Galliera, this is the one I will be getting another week. Let us know with pics when you make your choice:biggrin:

My vote goes for Palermo. I think it's great bag!
Not big fan of Saleya, and Galliera is great but don't know after how much time gold plate will tarnish etc..
So Palermo gets my vote.

ITA. I just don't like the shape of Saleya and i think the Galliera will get the inside dirty easily. The Palermo has the brown fabric (i don't know what it's called) and thus, will not show much dirt. This is just my opinion. Good Luck! ;)

You said you wanted monogram (I receomend for a first LV) so that rules out the Saleya. I would go with Palermo or Galliera. I don't know if this would bother you, but the Galliera doesn't have a zipper, just a snap magnet thing, so I prefer the Palermo. But that's just my preferance. Either choice would be gorgeous and congrats!

I would get the palermo gm and then later on buy the galliera.

I have been debating about the saleya myself b/c it is the only damier ebene tote bag with a zipper. I have heard, however, that the shape of the bag is kind of funky & that the rolled handles are not the most comfortable.