The Outnet Sale Success Stories

congrats to those of you who got stuff! i am one of those who got stuffed with technical issues but happy to see that some people did managed to succeed!:smile:

I'm still pinching myself and can't believe the incredible luck I had scoring an Oscar de la Renta dress (retails for $5990)! The whole experience was surreal. I stayed up all night refreshing my browser for the email. When word got out the UK sale started at 7:24, I figured I had the time to make myself a cup of coffee. At 6:45, I came back to my computer to discover the email arrived. I couldn't believe my luck that after sitting all night at my computer, the moment I step away is when I received the email. At this point, I figured I missed out - I had low expectations. Imagine my shock and surprise when not only I was able to purchase this dress but it went smoothly and effortlessly. I received my confirmation email a few minutes after that. I also checked my bank account to be sure that a charge had gone through. All in all, for me this was the best sales experience I had. Mostly due to the time I spent here on the TPF forum chatting with other night owls. :P

OscardelaRenta.jpg

I'm so jealous of your purchase! :P I had been stalking this dress for ages last year but could never bring myself to pay the even discounted price for it! I'm so happy for you though - you totally deserve it after staying up all night! Congrats!!

I'm still pinching myself and can't believe the incredible luck I had scoring an Oscar de la Renta dress (retails for $5990)! The whole experience was surreal. I stayed up all night refreshing my browser for the email. When word got out the UK sale started at 7:24, I figured I had the time to make myself a cup of coffee. At 6:45, I came back to my computer to discover the email arrived. I couldn't believe my luck that after sitting all night at my computer, the moment I step away is when I received the email. At this point, I figured I missed out - I had low expectations. Imagine my shock and surprise when not only I was able to purchase this dress but it went smoothly and effortlessly. I received my confirmation email a few minutes after that. I also checked my bank account to be sure that a charge had gone through. All in all, for me this was the best sales experience I had. Mostly due to the time I spent here on the TPF forum chatting with other night owls. :P

OscardelaRenta.jpg

I guess I am not understanding why so many people purchased items that are not even in their size - why wouldn't you let someone who really is that size purchase it and enjoy wearing it? Is it just because you wanted to buy something, anything???

I guess I am not understanding why so many people purchased items that are not even in their size - why wouldn't you let someone who really is that size purchase it and enjoy wearing it? Is it just because you wanted to buy something, anything???

some people buy larger and get alterations, others for gifts and some 'just because' it's a $1 and tooooo good of a deal NOT to get.

Congrats to all.

I was able to snag a Melissa Odabash bathing suit and Milly dress. One may get cancelled..

some people buy larger and get alterations, others for gifts and some 'just because' it's a $1 and tooooo good of a deal NOT to get.

Very good point.

It's just that I noticed a post where a member literally said "What should I do with it?" IE she bought the dress and has no rhyme or reason why. I'm not saying I'm mad - I am happy for everyone who managed to score something. I just don't understand why you would purchase something with no reason in mind when someone else could have bought that item and gotten good use out of it. JMHO.