The only thing that irritates me about Dior

the_bitch

Nov 9, 2007
Don't get me wrong i love Dior and own numerous bag most from John Galliano's rein. My SA told me that corporate did not wan't to do anymore logos to separate themselves from brands like Louis Vuitton and Gucci.. I personally love the Dior tapestry and i have not acquired any pieces since they discontinued the ultimate collection. The only thing that irritates me is that the company took away heritage and thats what i love about most fashion houses... Heritage. Do you like the tapestry and would you like to see it make a comeback?

quackedup

O.G.
Jan 5, 2010
Sydney! AU
Its a shame about the logo.. it was actually one of the better looking ones out there (compared to the likes of LV, Gucci, etc.), but it doesnt really bother me much since im not a big fan of monogram items anyway.

What is more sad is that the range is so boring now.
Thats not to say the bags arent nice and delectable, but its just like every other premium label now..,
quilted everything, creating a "classic" range (that every man and his dog are doing now) and milk it for all its worth (only changing up the colours season to season or if youre lucky you get some sort of "ltd ed" feature to the standard design).
Its so lazy.

Where did all the unique and ever changing designs Dior used to release?
Guacho, detective, samourai...
Dior used to be so unique.
Its just so boring now :sad:

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
Dior does have a better logo than most other brands, especially since it actually formed a pattern like houndstooth.

And I really liked the older logo pieces. But at the same time, I like the absence of logos in Dior's current collections. There is now a very distinctive look to all Dior bags which tells the world that the bag is by Dior without logos all over to advertise. Not every brand can achieve a uniform "look" in all of their bags, with the exception of Chanel.

Dior's current pieces are all classic and can look chic decades later.

The Dior logo hasn't disappeared either. It's used widely in the Dior Homme ranges, including coated canvas (done in a very subtle way, and with a newer more glossy version) and a beautiful micro-embossed logo calfskin.

There were two styles that I think should have become permanent collections; the Dior Detective and Dior Gaucho. These styles are so uniquely Dior and will not go out of style. Of course, there were other styles like the Gambler and Samourai which I absolutely adore, but these look very fun and novelty, while the Gaucho and Detective are true classics.

eminere™

Au Masculin
Jan 9, 2008
Australia
The Dior logo hasn't disappeared either. It's used widely in the Dior Homme ranges, including coated canvas (done in a very subtle way, and with a newer more glossy version) and a beautiful micro-embossed logo calfskin.
Those are scheduled to be phased out as well.

averagejoe

AJ
Authenticator
O.G.
Nov 22, 2006
Toronto
eminere™;23776126 said:
Those are scheduled to be phased out as well.
Oh. I better start buying more logo pieces before they are gone!

The Dior Homme coated canvas was super special when it first came out. Other brands had very vivid logo patterns in brown colours, and it was Dior Homme that made it very subtle (almost invisible).

Now brands from Fendi to LV have black and dark grey patterns that are rather subtle as well. Looks like Dior took the lead on this one.