The one that got away

Hazel Eyes

Aug 9, 2009
I always regret not bidding for a beautiful black bayswater with tan straps that was being auctioned on ebay by a fellow TPFer. I think this was on offer last November and not buying it has haunted me ever since:crybaby: Does anybody else regret NOT buying a bag? Or is there a bag that you regret buying ?

I almost always regret not buying a bag that I placed on the watching-list. The minute its gone, I´m totally convinced that I´ve missed out the true love of my life... until the next bag appears :smile:

Hi Hazel,
I regretted dithering over a bag in the sale in the summer - a HUGELY slashed price...it was in and out of my basket and then i made up my mind to have it and - sale over!

Ever since i t has gone up and up and up on Ebay :sad:

Then....I found it in an outlet this morning

:yahoo:

so keep trying.....

I almost always regret not buying a bag that I placed on the watching-list. The minute its gone, I´m totally convinced that I´ve missed out the true love of my life... until the next bag appears :smile:

Please do not kill me for that!:nuts:
I think many of us here (me definitely one of them) share some obsessive-compulsive traits of personality - collector's streak, which would interest a psychiatrist to some extent.
I not only regret not buying something, as if it is a true love of my life, but the same happened to me in love life too! I could not come to terms with not having my first ever love (falling in love when 8!!!) as my boyfriend - so I could not forget him anyway and kept thinking of him - there he is my second husband! :yahoo:
The way we may covet a bag could be strangely similar...

I almost bought the black maxi mabel in the on line sale- put it in and took it out of the shopping basket twice and now regret big time!!! It is more expensive even at the outlets now

Korzinka what a lovely story (the second husband bit NOT the obsessive compulsive personality (lol)

mssw I like your thinking. I will wait and have faith that it will come around again. I have looked at other bayswaters and, although I love the style, none seem to be as nice as the one that got away.

I don't know if this means I am lucky or fickle but I have no regrets. Any bag I have desperately wanted and not got has been easily replaced in my heart with another.

Yes, I bid on a gorgeous printed darwin purple Bays once (BIN or best offer) and the seller did not even have time to react on my bid, because it was sold that very minute with BIN. I still regret that.

Please do not kill me for that!:nuts:
I think many of us here (me definitely one of them) share some obsessive-compulsive traits of personality - collector's streak, which would interest a psychiatrist to some extent.
I not only regret not buying something, as if it is a true love of my life, but the same happened to me in love life too! I could not come to terms with not having my first ever love (falling in love when 8!!!) as my boyfriend - so I could not forget him anyway and kept thinking of him - there he is my second husband! :yahoo:
The way we may covet a bag could be strangely similar...

How wonderful a forum for "bag ladies" :huh:can be. A psychiatrist would have charged me a pretty penny for that diagnosis... Here I´ve got it for free. Obsessive compulsive behavior-collector´s streak... I think that´s me :weird:. Very cute love story from you though:smile:

The minute i decided to bid on a two tone phoebe from MM, it had gone!!
But now I have found another and hopefully it will be with me in a short while!!!

Poppy, spill, what have you bought?!!!

Korzinka, ahh lovely Romance!:biggrin:

Well, guess it must be the new oak Annie I saw in a store last October/November. But I've got hold of a gorgeous pre-loved ginger Annie from a lovely tpf'er, so actually very satisfied now! I have Annie in a lovely and somewhat unusual colour and the Hanover in oak (which was the one I bought instead some weeks later).

So far, no bags I regret buying!! Love them all:love: