The One(ish) A Month Club

That looks like a very classic and restrained list :biggrin:

Thanks ;). I wish I could say I was restrained, but i have completely over-splurged in the last few months and it is time to calm it. but I have several weaknesses and just cannot say no... :P

I like to shop for the right thing when it comes along and there have been too many right things, haha.

love all your new purchases by the way

I'm usually not very "into" spring collections since I have so little chance to wear warm weather clothing here. I stocked up on a few new pair of j crew shorts over the winter sales season and bought a new pair of TB sandals a few months ago so for spring lets see...

According to my list I need some silk layering tanks, a few more casual button down type shirts/blouses, and the red leather jacket I'm waiting to get marked down further. I also need to buy a few more pair of jeans, and I may just bite the bullet & pay full price. I have a hard time paying retail for a pair, but I have a harder time finding perfect jeans :wacko:

I ended up with one item for January - the silk top. The earmuffs I bought had to go back because they were so uncomfortable.

I don't really have too much in mind yet for February - there is a bag and a pair of shoes that I like but that is about it.

Love this idea/club!!

Phew! January is behind us!

I tried to purchase only (1) item for the month of January - but ended up purchasing (2). :P

So here are my 2:

B Brian Atwood Ferguson
B Brian Atwood Ferguson.jpg

Manolo Blahnik Storm
Manolo Blahnik Storm.jpg

Fingers crossed that Feburary will be a (0) item month for me. :smile:
EDIT: But NM LC just received new arrivals - oh no! >.<

Last edited:
Thanks ;). I wish I could say I was restrained, but i have completely over-splurged in the last few months and it is time to calm it. but I have several weaknesses and just cannot say no... :P

I like to shop for the right thing when it comes along and there have been too many right things, haha.

love all your new purchases by the way

Sadly, I think I'm at the beginning of that phase potentially :P

Congrats!

The being good part is sooo hard! My DH just reminded me that it's Feb & I can start shopping again... but then he reminded me that it's a (0) month since I purchased 2 things in Jan. Bummer. Now I'm saving items to my wish list for March... :P

Pulled the trigger and ordered the black PS11 today. So excited! I will definitely have to be good for a while now, haha.

Congrats!

The being good part is sooo hard! My DH just reminded me that it's Feb & I can start shopping again... but then he reminded me that it's a (0) month since I purchased 2 things in Jan. Bummer. Now I'm saving items to my wish list for March... :P

Oh that will be so hard but it will be nice to reward yourself again in March!

This is a spinoff of the 2013 fashion resolutions thread. Fionabrown mentioned a shopping technique called the 5 Piece French Wardrobe as a way to shop more thoughtfully.

I'm going to stick to this if I can,
I already bought 3 items in January, which allows me to get only two more until July. I'm not going to do two items a month thing because I will go overboard, I know that.

Things I've got:

Maison Martin Margiela wool dress (good for work)
Agnona dress suit (for work too)
Brioni cashmere jacket (beyond gorgeous and I've got a great deal, had to buy it because I will wear it for decades)

Not counting a couple of t-shirts and some underwear.
I also purged A LOT of clothes and consigned a big bulk of it to two different places and selling/sold some on eBay myself.