the one and only it bag

the venetia or blake are great choices especially if you can get one with a suede interior. it'll definitely be worth your money. i don't have anything against lv and the speedy is a lovely bag, but if you're going to spending a grand, i would stay away from anything logo-centric and get myself a leather bag. the speedy is a classic sure, but the oversaturation of fakes makes it less desirable to me anyways.

While I would suggest the LV mono speedy 30, if you are worried about the vachetta, then you should go with a bag that has handles that can take some dirt and not show it. Basic black is a good choice for a color in a bag. LV makes an Epi Speedy in many colors and you would not have to worry about the vachetta on the mono style.

If you have a thousand dollars.... I would suggest a Balenciaga!! I've been lusting for one of those for ages!! Plus its definetly in your price range. Louis Vuitton is always a classic too. =) Good luck with whichever you choose.

how exciting!! the money must be burning a hole in your pocket!!
i think MJ venetia or blake in black, also... the blake i think goes over the shoulder better...
Good luck! can't wait to see what you get.