The oldies club! 2001-2004

I don't have the collection I used to, I've sold off many of my Bals. I basically kept bags I know I'll carry. Many of the more collectible bags I had were in styles that don't work well for me (like the City, First). I decided not to collect but just keep bags I'd use. It was a tough decision and I regret it sometimes. I only have one red Bal left, an 04 true red flat messenger.

I think that’s really smart. Why have a bunch of bags sitting around that you never carry? I say that knowing full well that that’s exactly what I do. It’s mainly because I don’t like the process of selling. I’ve also got a good storage solution so it doesn’t stress me out too much.
But having an 04 true red messenger , Particularly the one you have which is really gorgeous, why would you want another bag. It’s just so functional as well as beautiful.

I think that’s really smart. Why have a bunch of bags sitting around that you never carry? I say that knowing full well that that’s exactly what I do. It’s mainly because I don’t like the process of selling. I’ve also got a good storage solution so it doesn’t stress me out too much.
But having an 04 true red messenger , Particularly the one you have which is really gorgeous, why would you want another bag. It’s just so functional as well as beautiful.
Thanks, I was very lucky on that one.

It’s my birthday “month” (at least that’s how I’m writing off this vintage Bal mania in my head lol)…

DH gave me this flat brass 2002 hobo as an early birthday gift from an absolutely *wonderful* seller. Then I happened to pick up another (thank you @Conni618 for pointing me in its direction!), because I felt like I needed a “backup” just in case something happened to the first.

IMG_4136.jpg

The first is Second Season and the one next to it is Third Season, photographed with a 2007 City that's been on perpetual loan to me from my sister for posterity.

Lately I’ve only been buying vintage clothing/accessories that have been on my “wishlist” since I was a teenager, and ever since I saw Kate Moss wearing the flat brass hobo, I’ve always coveted it.

It’s been my Holy Grail bag since I was around 15 years old, so it’s tough to explain just how much the Second Season flat brass hobo truly means to me without getting (oddly) emotional... but I'm sure a lot of folks here know what I mean! :flowers:

My ticket to Vintage Bal Ban Island is officially booked (for now at least! hehe).

It’s my birthday “month” (at least that’s how I’m writing off this vintage Bal mania in my head lol)…

DH gave me this flat brass 2002 hobo as an early birthday gift from an absolutely *wonderful* seller. Then I happened to pick up another (thank you @Conni618 for pointing me in its direction!), because I felt like I needed a “backup” just in case something happened to the first.

View attachment 5807605

The first is Second Season and the one next to it is Third Season, photographed with a 2007 City that's been on perpetual loan to me from my sister for posterity.

Lately I’ve only been buying vintage clothing/accessories that have been on my “wishlist” since I was a teenager, and ever since I saw Kate Moss wearing the flat brass hobo, I’ve always coveted it.

It’s been my Holy Grail bag since I was around 15 years old, so it’s tough to explain just how much the Second Season flat brass hobo truly means to me without getting (oddly) emotional... but I'm sure a lot of folks here know what I mean! :flowers:

My ticket to Vintage Bal Ban Island is officially booked (for now at least! hehe).
The leather on the Second Season looks sooooo lovely. How does it compare to the Third (was it the one from VC?)?

Congrats on these!!

The leather on the Second Season looks sooooo lovely. How does it compare to the Third (was it the one from VC?)?

Congrats on these!!

Yes, it was the one from VC... a little too expensive for sure, but I got a little too tired of waiting for a palatable price tbh. :hrmm:

Here's a closer comparison of the leather:

IMG_4138.jpg

The Second is super dreamy -- the leather is sooo soft.

The Third is rougher and tougher, like I wouldn't be as scared to snag it on something.

For the last 5 years I've almost only used canvas tote bags as my handbag, so it's fun to use a "real" handbag on a daily basis again!

Yes, it was the one from VC... a little too expensive for sure, but I got a little too tired of waiting for a palatable price tbh. :hrmm:

Here's a closer comparison of the leather:

View attachment 5807783

The Second is super dreamy -- the leather is sooo soft.

The Third is rougher and tougher, like I wouldn't be as scared to snag it on something.

For the last 5 years I've almost only used canvas tote bags as my handbag, so it's fun to use a "real" handbag on a daily basis again!

Thank you for this close up! They're both beautiful.

• Love
Reactions: protein_

View attachment 5807605

Holy friggin batman :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
So so gorgeous, all of them. Love the distressed leathers as much as the smooth ones. Huuuge congrats. And Happy Birthday!

• Thanks
Reactions: protein_
:love: Very, very cool. I know exactly how you’ve felt about finding that first hobo. I chased mine like crazy person for such a very long time. I actually found it by investigating a Google image that had been grabbed several years earlier from an auction.

What we do for love! :P

Ha! Adorable that I said, “like,” a crazy person. :hrmm:
It added to the drama of the scenario. ;)

That's how I initially found the Third listing, through Google Images (which is weird since I had a ton of alerts set up for it), then I mentally let it go because it seemed like the seller wasn't writing me back... then you reminded me about the listing and I checked VC and low and behold, VC just never sent me an email notification that they had replied.

Heavily crashed into my "break glass in case of 'vintage' emergency" fund for the Third, so out of the "vintage" game for a while now lol. :lol:

Reactions: Conni618