The oldies club! 2001-2004

Hi!

Does anyone know what this style is? I bought it at Barney's flagship around 2003 or so. Trying to identify the style name...
IMG_5870.JPGIMG_5873.JPGIMG_5866.JPG
Any help would be appreciated...if this isn't the right thread, does anyone have any suggestions of where else I can post.

Reactions: fayden
Ohhh. Nice lineup. Great group! You’ve got them all.

I’m checking my oldie radar and…..
going from left to right in the first image, I would rearrange the list as:
2001 Plum
2005 Bordeaux
2003 Rouge
2004 True Red
2005 RT
2004 Marron.

Did I get this right?

Bingo! You got it right on!

I think I have every color from 2003 to 2005 completely imprinted on my brain. I know you have every color from probably every year imprinted on your brain.

So your house is on fire and all those bags are sitting there, you can only take one. Which one?
I was just thinking about this today. So, which one Fayden? :graucho:

I think I have every color from 2003 to 2005 completely imprinted on my brain. I know you have every color from probably every year imprinted on your brain.

So your house is on fire and all those bags are sitting there, you can only take one. Which one?
I was just thinking about this today. So, which one Fayden? :graucho:

YIKES! That's a lot of pressure. But it would come down to how rare it is and how hard it would be for me to replace. I think for most of them I can find them again... so I'd say it would come down to these two. There are a lot more Rouge 03 cities than the plum firsts... so maybe the plum first.IMG_1945.jpgIMG_1470.jpg

What about you? You’ve got an amazing collection as well. I think it’s harder to ask to choose one from an entire collection but I think in this case we can narrow it down to the Reds, and I think it’s a fair question.
I don't have the collection I used to, I've sold off many of my Bals. I basically kept bags I know I'll carry. Many of the more collectible bags I had were in styles that don't work well for me (like the City, First). I decided not to collect but just keep bags I'd use. It was a tough decision and I regret it sometimes. I only have one red Bal left, an 04 true red flat messenger.

Reactions: yuzulife and fayden
YIKES! That's a lot of pressure. But it would come down to how rare it is and how hard it would be for me to replace. I think for most of them I can find them again... so I'd say it would come down to these two. There are a lot more Rouge 03 cities than the plum firsts... so maybe the plum first.View attachment 5445598View attachment 5445599
The plum First would be my choice!

YIKES! That's a lot of pressure. But it would come down to how rare it is and how hard it would be for me to replace. I think for most of them I can find them again... so I'd say it would come down to these two. There are a lot more Rouge 03 cities than the plum firsts... so maybe the plum first.View attachment 5445598View attachment 5445599

I would grab that wonderful 03 red. And in my collection that’s the one I would grab as well. I don’t have the variety you have but I would choose it over my RT and Bordeaux, but that would make me very sad. So I’m just gonna make sure my house doesn’t catch on fire.