The Oh Damn i just splurged on BE thread - the antidote to Mindful

Oh dear... i'll start....

having tried to be mindful and not spend, last week i snagged 2 Mulberry messengers on ebay.(rationale - figured i could wear them under my coat when it is raining, save spoiling my BE's in the rain...)
Then as if that wasn't bad enough i saw a beautiful Aubergine Sheen Love Me Midi on ebay w grey lining and silver HW and 2 front zips....and then talked myself out of buying it last night .. this afternoon when i was out in the park with my kids i couldn't stop thinking about that bag, and how i would really like a Love Me after i got rid of my mini a while ago.. so (thank god for ebay on mobiles!!) bought it there and then..
Now i'm feeling guilty as i wasn't supposed to be spending on bags till I had sold one in my collection and done a major pre-autumn closet clearout.
If anyone else has splurged and can make me feel less guilty please post your confessions here...

ah, I'm home!!!!!

I can't really post my detailed confessions, but this month has been a good (?!?!) one on the bag front, what with a vert olive barenia kelly and a black chevre birkin 35 popping up, then on top of that, Jackie offering the limited leathers sale. My BE collection has now quadrupled.

Make you feel any better, dearest?

If it's any comfort to the mindful set, I gave great thought and meditation to each of my purchases.

ETA: aubergine sheen LMM sounds divine, PMHG

ah, I'm home!!!!!

I can't really post my detailed confessions, but this month has been a good (?!?!) one on the bag front, what with a vert olive barenia kelly and a black chevre birkin 35 popping up, then on top of that, Jackie offering the limited leathers sale. My BE collection has now quadrupled.

If it's any comfort to the mindful set, I gave great thought and meditation to each of my purchases.

Wow that makes me feel a whole lot better! Congrats on the Hermes haul, my Birkin in in storage till my kids are past the messy stage! Here's what she does look like when she gets to see the light occasionally (only to then get stroked and put back in her box....:sad:

Attachments

• IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 52
OMG..I've sooo splurged these past two months..and I feel good about it, because I also gave a good thought about it..well, sort of....but could not do differently!!

The Aubergine is a lovely leather...this one I'm sure is a keeper!

ah, I'm home!!!!!

ETA: aubergine sheen LMM sounds divine, PMHG

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

I knew you'd find your niche eventually.

LMAO!! Well, of course I would!

Oh PMHG, that is a BEAUTY of a birkin. Swift? Gulliver? It's def. not one for hanging around with a younger crowd. It's a classic, though, and will happily wait until the wee ones are older.

And I'm with bonniekir. It's a splurge month for sure, but they're forever bags. Plus, if they end up not being MY forever bags, I have friends who will happily rehome them for me.

Can totally relate!! I went overseas and bought 2 very expensive full-priced bags in Paris (Marc Jacobs and Miu Miu). Told myself that was IT. Since being back (about 6 weeks), have bought : MJ stam, MBMJ faridah, BE TME, Miu Miu Coffer, Tod's G-Bag. Plus several pairs of Tod's shoes. Am NOW supposed to be good!!! Ha. Feel very lucky!

Well, I don't know what came over me but I have purchased one off white Prada, one BE tan WTM Midi, One pewter BE WTM Midi, One Amerena (berry) Miu Miu Peggy, and a Mosto (grape) Miu Miu Spring Shopper (think that may be the old name) all in the last 6 weeks.

I am sooooo done for a while....

Time to 'fess up and make the rest of you feel better:biggrin:
Other than my recent BE purchases I purchased a Lanvin Amalia (the smaller one), a Balenciaga Metro (didn't think I would ever buy anything Bal again but it was calling my name from a great distance), and have a Mottled Gold WTM Mini on order. Add these to my mandarin matte LM Mini (gorgy, just haven't had time to post photos), a grey ostrich Angel Purse, and the Petrol Charm Me Mini that arrived last month and clearly I have been way too busy shopping.
The good news is that I've reorganized my bag closet and am very happy with everything I currently own. I was worried the Raisin Metro would be too close to my Aubergine MMS Midi but they are completely different bags and both worthy of a place in my closet:smile:

Ha! I was supposed to be good too. I told Jackie "No more money for Cawthra Towers"...and then bought 3 bags on the leather sale and placed a BEC order too.
Leather sale goodies: Turquoise Hold Me, Dk Purple Sheen Adore Me, Dk Grey Matte Charm Me
BEC - TMA Midi in Cream Pebbled Luxe

I only just managed to resist your Taupe TMA but if I didn't have the midi size coming already...it would have been a close call!

OMG.. a detailed confession thread:biggrin:

My average is around xx BE bags a month this year...with xx more to come..that's all from me ..don't want to give the impression of being a bag-floo:nuts:ie!! :P

Ok, might as well come clean..I just discovered JT Italia, and have been on a splurge here as well. They're on their way home to mama!! :smile:

Might I just add..I love all my bags....

Last edited:
Ha! I was supposed to be good too. I told Jackie "No more money for Cawthra Towers"...and then bought 3 bags on the leather sale and placed a BEC order too.
Leather sale goodies: Turquoise Hold Me, Dk Purple Sheen Adore Me, Dk Grey Matte Charm Me
BEC - TMA Midi in Cream Pebbled Luxe

I only just managed to resist your Taupe TMA but if I didn't have the midi size coming already...it would have been a close call!

I really want to see that TMA midi in cream. Did you get it yet?