~*~*THE OFFICIAL Valentines Day Coach RAOK*~*~

mm16

Loves her Pug!
Sep 26, 2007
Hi Girls and Guys! I have a list of people who said they would like a V-Day RAOK..so here the official thread.

If anyone else would like to sign up, let me know in this thread and I will PM you an invitation to elfster if you meet the requirements.

Rules of the VALENTINES RAOK!

1. All applicants will be fully reviewed before acceptance.

2. There is a 400 minimum number of posts and 4 month minimum with the forum to participate or if you have participated in a previous RAOK before and fulfilled you duties. Administrators will be looking for the following:

a. # of posts in Coach forum to show you are an active Coach participant
b. frequency of posting (do you disappear for weeks at a time, or are you posting regularly)
c. previous history participating in Coach RAOK's (did you forget a gift, send them late, not post pictures, not respond to PM's, etc.)
d. content of posts (1000 congrats does not equal participation in RAOK)
e. MUST have posted a picture on tPF within previous month (so we can verify you do know how to post photos, etc.)

3. You are required to post photos of each and every gift received. If your buddy decorates outside of the box, please take photos of packaging. Descriptions of gifts will no longer suffice. Pictures should be posted within 72 hours of receipt.

4. Proof of mailing is required for gifts. This proof of mailing must be PMed to MM16 by 02/07/2009.This can occur several ways:

a. in the USA you can send priority mail and purchase delivery confirmation for .65. You can also send regular mail and purchase delivery confirmation.
b. In Canada, you can mail parcels and get delivery confirmation for free (according to their website). For letters (i.e. if you were mailing only a gift card) you can send it registered mail and receive a tracking number. Cost is $7.95 including tracking.
c. If mailing to US or Canada from USA or Canada...the customs form number is considered proof.
d. If mailing in Europe to same country: Some form of tracking is required. I'm not 100% sure how it works overseas...and I didn't have time to check out each individual country.
e. If mailing to another country in Europe, customs form number/receipt number will suffice.
f. If sending someone something through the Internet (i.e. gift certificates, magazine subscriptions), please forward the confirmation email to me (minus any CC info, etc.)

5. As a suggestion of a price limit, ~$50-$75 is appropriate for this round. You may go over but that is your choice. Homemade and thoughtful gifts are appreciated. Wouldn't you love a can of fresh-baked chocolate-chip cookies? Please have MM16 ask your buddy for allergies or ask her/him yourself through elfster!

6. No vacationers. If you will be away from home for more than 1 week per month...don't sign up. Gifts have to be mailed and reveals posted in a timely manner as described above, and vacation plans may interfere.

7. If you are purchasing something from eBay for your buddy, please make sure personally that it is in a suitable condition to be sent out as a gift.

8. Administrator can remove someone from the RAOK for not following above rules.

9. An ANGEL system will be in place for missing gifts/unresponsive buddy, etc. Please let MM16 know via PM when you sign up if you would like to be part of the angel system, to send gifts to someone who has an unresponsive buddy.

The deadline for signups is Jan. 15! and You need to mail out your package by 02/07/2009.

Please PM me if you want to sign up.. We will be using Elfster so it will automatically assign buddies after the deadline!

You may put your address on elfster-only those of us involved in this RAOK will be able to view it, or you may PM it to me. After signing up for an elfster account, please make sure to put your username in *mm16* in your name, such as Carol Ann *mm16* lewis, so your buddy knows you by your username as well.

Lets have FUN!!!

Elfster is tricky sometimes, they tend to have lots of techy issues..just wait it out..if it doesnt work within 1-2 days, i will just assign buddies and have you guys send me your shipping info and wishlists!

YAY I can't wait for this RAOK! It will be so much fun!

I think I will do the March/April one too. RAOKs are always a blast!

Just tried signing up on elfster and it looks like the site is having problems so I will try again later.

I'm hoping to get my post count met by Thursday! I really want in.

Remember, you have to have consistent posts. You can't post 100 messages in a span of a couple of days hoping you will make the post count to join RAOK. It's not fair to people who have worked a long time to get their post count up and been consistent and contributing members of the forum.

People who wanted to join in other RAOKs around the forum have done that and not gotten in.

Just make sure your posts are consistent and all :yes: