William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

I really liked Catherine's outfit, agree that it was very conservative but, considering the job she had for the day in looking after the kids (who looked a handful!) it looked very comfortable. I think comfort over style was in order so she wouldn't have to worry about adjusting this and that say if she wore something tighter. X

those kids are adorable! loved pippa's dress, but never noticed how small her waist is- she looked skinnier than i remember. kate looked good, but her makeup was a bit harsh, particularly the blush.

When Tom Brady's sister got married, I think Gisele attempted not to show up the bride. Color of her dress was similar to Kate's but definitely more Gisele inspired. Can the future queen wear open toe shoes?
I agree Kate is drab dresser. I don't remember Di being that dull.
2D1E0AD300000578-3260732-image-a-35_1444059406651.jpg

Reactions: gelbergirl
How many people were aware William has had an actual job for the past couple of years? He flies an air ambulance. I see all the media attention on his public appearances but I had no idea he was doing this. I saw this article about him arriving to help a boy who sadly drowned yesterday.

Prince William in tragic bid to save drowning teen
Prince William has been involved in a tragic life or death dash to try and save a teenage boy who got into difficulties while swimming.

The Duke of Cambridge was scrambled to pilot an Air Ambulance helicopter to a country park after the emergency services were alerted.

After an hour long search the body of a 16-year-old boy was pulled from the water at Lee Valley Park in Cheshunt in Hertfordshire.

Videos taken at the scene show The Duke of Cambridge landing his helicopter, and then walking towards the scene at around 8pm on Thursday (May 26).

An eye witness, who wished to remain anonymous, said: “We knew something was up when a helicopter was flying extremely low just over the Lee Valley Park.

“We could see it was landing so ran over to see what was going on.

“Little did we expect to see Prince William himself flying the helicopter.

“It was a very surreal moment when he left the helicopter to help with the search and rescue, for he had no visible guards or protection.

“He arrived in an East Anglia Air Ambulance with one other co-pilot.”

The man said he did not see a body being retrieved from the river, but that a group of people nearby had to be ushered away from the scene.

The Duke of Cambridge, who is a pilot for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, landed the helicopter on the river bank at approximately 7.45pm.

Paramedics and a water rescue team from the Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service also attended the scene.

Eyewitness Dave Samuels said: “There were two helicopters, one police and one air ambulance, there were emergency services everywhere including water rescue with people getting boats ready.

“Whatever had actually happened, you couldn’t say the emergency services hadn’t tried, I have never seen so many.”

A Hertfordshire Constabulary spokeswoman said: “A search led by the fire service was carried out.

“The boy was recovered from the water but sadly he was pronounced dead at the scene.

“There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident and a file will be prepared for the coroner of Hertfordshire.”

Lee Valley Regional Park is a 10,000-acre 26 miles long linear park which runs through the northeast of Greater London, Essex and Hertfordshire.

The area includes a network of rivers, canals and lakes.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/prince-william-duke-of-cambridge-13095923

How many people were aware William has had an actual job for the past couple of years? He flies an air ambulance. I see all the media attention on his public appearances but I had no idea he was doing this. I saw this article about him arriving to help a boy who sadly drowned yesterday.

Prince William in tragic bid to save drowning teen
Prince William has been involved in a tragic life or death dash to try and save a teenage boy who got into difficulties while swimming.

The Duke of Cambridge was scrambled to pilot an Air Ambulance helicopter to a country park after the emergency services were alerted.

After an hour long search the body of a 16-year-old boy was pulled from the water at Lee Valley Park in Cheshunt in Hertfordshire.

Videos taken at the scene show The Duke of Cambridge landing his helicopter, and then walking towards the scene at around 8pm on Thursday (May 26).

An eye witness, who wished to remain anonymous, said: “We knew something was up when a helicopter was flying extremely low just over the Lee Valley Park.

“We could see it was landing so ran over to see what was going on.

“Little did we expect to see Prince William himself flying the helicopter.

“It was a very surreal moment when he left the helicopter to help with the search and rescue, for he had no visible guards or protection.

“He arrived in an East Anglia Air Ambulance with one other co-pilot.”

The man said he did not see a body being retrieved from the river, but that a group of people nearby had to be ushered away from the scene.

The Duke of Cambridge, who is a pilot for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, landed the helicopter on the river bank at approximately 7.45pm.

Paramedics and a water rescue team from the Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service also attended the scene.

Eyewitness Dave Samuels said: “There were two helicopters, one police and one air ambulance, there were emergency services everywhere including water rescue with people getting boats ready.

“Whatever had actually happened, you couldn’t say the emergency services hadn’t tried, I have never seen so many.”

A Hertfordshire Constabulary spokeswoman said: “A search led by the fire service was carried out.

“The boy was recovered from the water but sadly he was pronounced dead at the scene.

“There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the incident and a file will be prepared for the coroner of Hertfordshire.”

Lee Valley Regional Park is a 10,000-acre 26 miles long linear park which runs through the northeast of Greater London, Essex and Hertfordshire.

The area includes a network of rivers, canals and lakes.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/prince-william-duke-of-cambridge-13095923

He has actually been doing this for more than a few years. It was what he trained for and did in the military and continued with it when the service went private. He will be leaving his post in the fall though to become more immersed in his royal duties.

When Tom Brady's sister got married, I think Gisele attempted not to show up the bride. Color of her dress was similar to Kate's but definitely more Gisele inspired. Can the future queen wear open toe shoes?
I agree Kate is drab dresser. I don't remember Di being that dull.
2D1E0AD300000578-3260732-image-a-35_1444059406651.jpg

There is no rule on the type of shoes she can wear, that is just a personal choice. I also think Kate's colour choice had a little more to do with the fact that it was one of the colours of the wedding (it was colour of the sash around Princess Charlotte's bridesmaid dress).