William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

Report: Prince William back together with girlfriend Kate Middleton

Fri Jul 6, 6:45 AM

LONDON (AP) - Prince William has persuaded his former girlfriend Kate Middleton to rekindle their relationship 12 weeks after they split up, a British newspaper reported Friday.
The Sun newspaper cited an unidentified royal source as saying the couple were "closer than ever."

"Only after they took a step back did William and Kate have space to examine how they really felt," the source was quoted as saying.

Middleton on Sunday attended a concert celebrating the life of William's mother, Princess Diana, further fuelling rumours that the couple have reconciled. William's Clarence House office has declined to comment on media reports that the two are back together.

William, who is second in line to the throne, broke up with Middleton in April as speculation swirled that the two were about to marry. Middleton had been pursued by photographers outside her London home and nightclubs in scenes that drew comparisons to the coverage of Diana.

"William has persuaded Kate that the problems of dating a future king are a price worth paying," the source was quoted as saying.

The report prompted bookmaker Ladbrokes to announce it would no longer take bets on who William will marry. After their split, bookies initially put the odds on the couple marrying at 16/1, but the odds eventually improved to a 1/3 chance as more gamblers put their money on Middleton.

"We thought the pair had split for good," Ladbrokes spokesman Nick Weinberg said, adding the public "clearly had more faith than the bookies."

(http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/britain_prince_william)

Prince William is expected to pop the question to on-off girlfriend Kate Middleton soon, with a royal wedding on the
cards for 2009.
The 25-year-old Prince is believed to be preparing to get engaged once he has finishes his training with the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy late next year, the Sunday Express reported today.
"We will know about an engagement sooner rather than later," unnamed royal sources told the newspaper.
"William will be back in his army uniform after he has finished his stints in the other armed forces."
The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh are believed to be "particularly keen" for their grandson, who is second in line to the throne, to make a decision about marrying Ms Middleton, 25.
"After they split up, William confided to his grandparents that he was not sure if he loved Kate enough," one source told the newspaper.
"Now they are back together, the Queen wants William to do the right thing - either marry the girl or let her go.
"She would rather they broke up for good now than get married only to have it end in divorce in five years' time."

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/wi...ate-report-says/2007/08/12/1186857335269.html

I didn't even know they were back together :nuts:

Must be hard for a guy to be under so much pressure and open discussion regarding that darn engagement, kwim?!

i don't know, ive never liked her and i wouldn't want her as royalty poor guy with so much pressure on him.although i think he manges better that his brother, both of them dont really seem to want to be royalty, sucks how you cant choose your family

She seems like a lovely person. Having just finished the "Diana Chronicles" I have even more sympathy for women in the royal family. There's a lot of pressure.

Hmm... I know I'm going to be flamesprayed for this... but anyways, here it goes... Sometimes, I wish the royals would do more than just be "royal". They seem to be prisoners in their position. Can't make mistakes, can't be too outrageous, etc... I hope he makes the right choice for himself.

I hope that William listens to his heart rather than his grandmother. Look what happened when Charles listened to his mom. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself and Kate becomes the next Camilla.

I think 25 is too young to be making a decision and I think it is unfortunate he is being pressured to make a decision at this point. The two of them ought to be able to decide for themselves if they want to be together or apart or on-again-off-again! I, too, hope he doesn't cave to pressure and that Kate doesn't become either the next Camilla or the next Diana!

I hope this works out, if they do get engaged - there was tremendous pressure on his father and I hope he does do it for the right reasons.