***The Official Janelle Monae Theard**

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. NORDSTROM WINTER SALE Up to 40% off until February 23rd! Free shipping and free returns! Shop The Sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2018
    IF YOU ARE U HUGE FAN OF JANELLE MONAE LIKE I AM!!!
    HERE IS THE OFFICAL THEARD FOR HER!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

JANELLE MONAE IS AN INCREDIABLE ARTIST HER STYLE IS SOOO SICK AND FUNKY!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

SHE HAS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VOICE THAT I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

SHE IS ALSO A WONDERFUL PERFORMER!!!!!!

2. [​IMG]<<<<<<<<<
    CD IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
    * IF YOU DONT REMEMBER HER SHE IS THE GIRL THAT IS WITH OUTKAST****
    SHE IS WONDERFUL!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SHE ALWAYS HAS HER ON SENSE OF STYLE:smile: I JUST LOVE IT:smile:
    [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. I've never even heard of her.

Does she have any songs out now? Recently? I might just not of known who she is, but might know her music.

6. Yes she has a song its called many moons.....her cd is called metropolis...its great just google her song you are my everything and listen to it u will fall in love!!:smile:

7. I remeber her!! I wanna work for Diddy

I think she is stunning, except I dont understand her bangs.

8. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEWS ON JANELLE MONAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Janelle Monáe preps Metropolis, announces live dates

By Julia Askenase on August 7, 2008 1:00 PM | Permalink | Comments (0)
    photo by Pier Nicola D'Amico

Everyone's soon-to-be favorite tuxedo-sporting, Big-Boi-beloved cybergirl Janelle Monáe is finally gearing up to release the next installment of her multi-suite Metropolis project. The upcoming Paste cover gal will release Metropolis: The Chase Suite (Special Edition) Aug. 12, the follow-up to last year's, Metropolis: Suite I of IV.

A mix of old-time soul meets out-there, funkified hip-hop, Monáe's concept album pledges to take earthling listeners on a futuristic sonic joyride. The Chase Suite follows the story of Cindi Mayweather, an "Alpha Platinum 9000" on the lam from the law because of her love for a human, strictly forbidden in the fantasyland of Metropolis.

In support of her release, Monáe has scheduled a peformance at Atlanta's Variety Playhouse on Aug. 11, where she'll open for Gnarls Barkley. She'll then play an in-store performance at Alanta's Criminal Records and appear on Fox's Good Day Atlanta! the day of her release, followed by a spot at the Chicago Soul Music Festival on Sept. 6.

Monáe will likely release a full-length in early 2009.

Related links:
    Janelle Monáe on MySpace
    Janelle Monáe on BadBoyOnline.com

YouTube: Janelle Monáe - "Violet Stars Happy Hunting" live

Got a news tip for Paste? E-mail news@pastemagazine.com.

Tags:

Categories:

9. ****** Janelle on the Cover of URB******
    Janelle Monáe: Starlight Express :: Janelle Monáe makes alien music from the most familiar sounds on earth.

By Jason Newman Photography by Eric Vogel

06/30/08 :: URB 154

[​IMG]
    &#8220;With Cindi Mayweather, she&#8217;s an Alpha Platinum 9000, the deluxe of her androids. She&#8217;s programmed to work, perform, sing and cater to everyone else. Androids are not to fall in love, but she does with a robo-zillionaire by the name of Anthony Greenwood, whose parents started the robotics industry.&#8221;
    To be honest, if Janelle Monáe uttered these sci-fi-futurisms at the start of our interview and not towards the end, I&#8217;d be a little frightened. Earnest talks of cyborgs and androids are usually reserved for people in white jackets and musicians late in their careers discovering New Age, kabbalah or whatever other plane of existence they&#8217;re currently on.
    But after an hour with the young singer in a Brooklyn coffee shop, three blocks from where she&#8217;ll be shooting her first national cover for this mag, it all makes sense. Mayweather and Greendown are at the center of Metropolis: The Chase, a futuristic concept EP released independently last year and re-released (with added songs) by Bad Boy this summer.
    With its bizarre mix of cabaret, soul, funk, opera, pop and hip-hop&#8212;and titles like &#8220;Cybertronic Purgatory&#8221;&#8212;generic R&B singer 101 she is not. Even with a scant catalog (so far), Monáe&#8217;s music places her squarely in the &#8220;musical kitchen sink&#8221; category with former URB cover stars OutKkast and Gnarls Barkley. Go back a few decades further and you&#8217;ll find another generation of ancestors who followed an interstellar muse&#8212;George Clinton and Sun Ra&#8212;for whom space is the place where one can escape.
    Dorothy may have worried about a tornado and some ***** stealing her dog, but growing up in Wyandotte County, KS, where one-quarter of the people under 18 live below the poverty line and the per-capita income of $16,000 is one of the lowest in the state, Monáe had real issues invading her childhood.
    &#8220;My parents never owned a house,&#8221; says Monáe. &#8220;I shared a room with my sister until I graduated [high school.] My stepfather had a lot of substance abuse in the home and, as a result, we were not fiscally responsible as a family. My biological father and my mom were never together, but he was on drugs as well, so I dealt with two fathers who had substance abuse problems.&#8221;
    When a cousin whom Monáe worshipped began singing, she followed suit, to the point where the then 12-year-old singer was banking $500-$1000 from talent shows. &#8220;I would use the money to help with my outfits and give my mom money to help with the light bills,&#8221; she says.
    With a struggling family, Monáe frequently retreated into the world of musical theatre (think Disney scores and Rodgers & Hammerstein) and her own imagination, creating alternate, fantastical universes in her mind that, consciously or not, would lay the groundwork for her future musical efforts.

10. #10 Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
    pretty new picture of janelle she looks so pretty!!

11. [​IMG]

12. She is so beautiful.
    And has the most amazing voice.
    She deserves alot more credit then alot of arists out there today. :heart:

13. #14 Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  14. I absolutely LOVE her hairstyle!