The OA on netflix

Fran0421

Chanel & Chloe lover
Feb 9, 2011
I couldn't find a thread for this show, I just watched the first episode and I am hooked. I feel like its a grown up version of stranger things!

Has anyone finished it or started it and what did you think of it? I am quite enjoying her backstory and an interesting show about near death experiences among other things.

I liked it until the last episode. I felt it all tied together but that one had some things that were just out of left field. Overall though, I think it has more potential than Stranger Things.

Reactions: Fran0421
Finished it last weekend!! I really enjoyed listening to the OA's stories and what had happened. The last two episodes were confusing to me and I didn't see it coming. Still enjoyed it. Eager to see if a second season will be done. Reminded me a lot of Stranger Things.

I liked it until the last episode. I felt it all tied together but that one had some things that were just out of left field. Overall though, I think it has more potential than Stranger Things.
I watched it. I really liked it. Even though some of the captivity stuff was a little disturbing. Still trying to disseminate what was real or imagined.
Finished it last weekend!! I really enjoyed listening to the OA's stories and what had happened. The last two episodes were confusing to me and I didn't see it coming. Still enjoyed it. Eager to see if a second season will be done. Reminded me a lot of Stranger Things.

That last episode especially the last scene was confusing! I had to read a few reviews to get my head around it! It seems that it largely depends on whether she made it up or imaged the whole story. She could have ended up in a mental hospital at the end or an alternate universe. Ah just so many questions! I hope season 2 comes out soon! I don't understand how they didn't research the other people such as homer, talk to his family etc. They constricted the story I guess to keep us guessing. The captivity scene was very disturbing.

Reactions: girlsweetyyy
Did you all like the ending? I know it's pretty split with viewers. I personally really liked it, but was so sad when she was shot. But it did leave many questions, I hope they do a season 2!

I thought the ending was very random / left field but after seeing some connections online and on articles it kind of made sense. A lot of people thought it was corny? It kind of was in a sense but it left a good cliffhanger. They are so many questions left. I was thinking about how she knew hap killed his colleague. He never mentioned it to her among other things. Does she have supernatural powers?

Reactions: lcmiller1s
I thought the ending was very random / left field but after seeing some connections online and on articles it kind of made sense. A lot of people thought it was corny? It kind of was in a sense but it left a good cliffhanger. They are so many questions left. I was thinking about how she knew hap killed his colleague. He never mentioned it to her among other things. Does she have supernatural powers?
I can see how many viewed the dancing as corny. I thought it was too when they were in the cages. But the dancing really didn't stop the shooter either, the lunchroom guy did, so I'm not sure if the dance carried any actual power other than distraction lol. However, I did find it to be a powerful scene and enjoyed it. I wonder too if she has supernatural powers!

It wasn't the dancing that bothered me, it was the shooter. Incredibly random and did not make any sense. Surely the writers could have come up with something not so out of left field for the five to need to use their new knowledge. And the fact that the shooter looked practically like that Dylan kid and the Sandy Hook shooter really did not sit well with me. I guess because those shootings really affected me. I don't know. Maybe I'm looking too much into it but I was really disappointed in the "catastrophe" being that shooting.

i watched it and i have mixed feeling because my friends love it so much and thought this show is brilliant but i just don't see it as brilliant
i enjoy stranger things more
i want to like it and still recommend people to watch it because it's different but i don't find it special.
i love sci fi and fantasy movies but there's lot of scenes i laugh when i think it meant to be serious